UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

Yeah just started happing to me also just the keybinds and setting

From my Zedesk ticket about 6 hours ago

“We have requalified this ticket into a bug report. Our team of experts will review the information you provided to categorize and prioritize the issue. Please be aware that, while we review each report manually, we are unable to provide an individual update, unless our experts require more information.”

1 Like

Is anyone else having the issue with controls being reset every time you load into the sim? Now that I load into the sim my controls are not saved anymore something is amiss.

2 Likes

I started experiencing this on Friday about 4 days after the update.

As I start, I get asked to set all the interface settings and controller settings. Fortunately I have mine saved and just select them but it is annoying as I have to set up everything, including graphics.

I’ll report as a bug as I can confirm your findings.

1 Like

Yeah, make sure it doesn’t try to update! Hopefully keeping the auto-updates off will keep the evil at bay!

Thanks. Downgrading gaming services does the trick.
You can use https://store.rg-adguard.net/ to get appx of working version 2.50.5005.0. Just select product id, enter id 9MWPM2CQNLHN and select slow. Two first files in list are those you need.

Edit. Worked for me on first launch but second is the same as before
 It autoupdates to failed version in a speed of light :smiley: need to block autoupdate.

Just got this come through from Zendesk
“We have requalified this ticket into a bug report. Our team of experts will review the information you provided to categorize and prioritize the issue. Please be aware that, while we review each report manually, we are unable to provide an individual update, unless our experts require more information.”

My original ticket is:
“Microsoft pushed an update to Xbox’s “Game Services” released an update 20/02/2021 which is causing MSFS2020 to forget all previously saved settings and initiating the first-time start settings configurator every time the sim is booted up.
My Game Services version is 2.50.18001.0
For more information, please see: UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update - #435 by Mikeyjames1967”
I further added after realising I had left some things out:
“I wish to clarify, this only started happening after the latest Gaming Services update. The sim was working fine the same day. I happened to close the sim, go to open it again and was forced to download and install the version of Gaming Services mentioned above and restarted my PC. After the install of Gaming Services V2.50.18001.0 is when this issue started occurring. NOTHING else had changed. No driver updates of any kind, no other Windows updates and all services and applications related to MSFS2020 are permanently added exclusions to my firewalls.”

2 Likes

I simply loaded my personal profile and everything returned to normal.

Well, one more here with the infamous Gaming Services 2.50.18001 version, updated yesterday at 21:00. During yesterday’s afternoon the sim was fine. This morning, this UI bug all the time. I uninstalled and reinstalled again the sim, and the issue is still there. So I thinkg it is pretty clear it happen due to any incompatibility with this new Gaming Services. Glad to find this post as I started to get insane thinking about it was my fault. I’m starting to be really fed up with MS and Asobo. Everytime they try to fix one thing, the break another 3 ones. Please, fix this ASAP because it is a pain in the stomach to re-configure every time you start the simulator.

Just apply the workaround, it will work just fine.

It is not Asobo’s fault, but Microsoft’s .

2 Likes

No need :wink: Read carefully workaround :wink:

IMPORTANT INFO

EDITED WORKAROUND

• added : How to restore default startup configuration for: Ms Store, CscService, DSP, WSearch, wuauserv

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ui-broken-and-reset-user-settings/368832/159

1 Like

Don’t forget to vote above and submit a zendesk ticket everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

broke mine too

Uff you can call me coward, but playing with Windows Reg and that kind of stuffs are not one of my strength. I don’t fell really confortable changing things on that as I don’t know what implications may have on my computer. I’m gratefull to all of you guys who provide here solutions to the bugs, but there are things that medium user should never have to do in order to be able to enjoy a product he has payed to.

2 Likes

Where can I open a ticket to Zendesk? I have already voted the post

Thanks

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3 Likes

Yes, after zero issues with settings since day1 of the product, I ran the latest UK World Update etc the other day, and on sim launch am now presented with the demand to “Set my experience”. Funny, I thought I did that on first installation!

This is now happening with every launch. The sim is not retaining many preferences such as assistance, on screen prompts, graphics choices etc etc and even seems to be losing controller profiles I have created.

There are plenty of other threads on this issue, yet I see no definitive answer, nor the simple admission the problem exists. I’ve seen threads were reinstallation is suggested! Really?! Get real. Not happening.

Something in the update process would seem to have undone what should mostly be one time only setting selections, so I expect a proper solution, not the suggestion to reinstall :joy:

Some discussions suggest these settings are cloud hosted, but I have no issues with my connection, which puts doubt on that one.

So, as suggested by the OP here, I had the same thought - if an aspect of the install has become flakey thanks to a mandatory update, it would be nice to give the user the choice of loading settings from locally hosted files instead of relying on some process that does not appear to be stable.

I’ve logged a ticket on this but am not holding my breath, based on the experience of previous tickets I’ve logged. :unamused:

2 Likes

Hello @Dav3Ruk, after the latest UK World Update 3 the sim started normally for few times, yesterday suddenly I was presented with the demand of “Set my experience” and this is now happening with every launch. There is no definitive answer. I have tried couple of them with zero success. I have also logged a ticket following many tickets, which until today were never answered. I can’t imagine that we are the only users who are experiencing this. Should we create a new topic?

TenPatrol’s workaround is doing the job. You must keep the services off until there is an offficial fix, otherwise the gaming services will be updated again.

2 Likes

I’m indeed having this problem. Waiting for a fix. Hopefully not too long of a wait

2 Likes