UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

Same here. Access is denied.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still running the older Gaming Services 2.50.5004.0. How do I stop or block it from updating until this gets fixed?

Keeping the gaming service disabled would be your best bet so it canā€™t be updated.

I take it from Services.msc. Will MSFS2020 still run?

My ticket was just requalified as a bug report. No ETA, no suggested actions until resolved. This leads me to believe that they really donā€™t know what happened.

Since the application that broke everything for us is from Microsoft, I donā€™t know if there is much Asobo can do besides ride MSā€™s butt and encourage them to fix it. :confused:

Same problem here, it is not Asobo fault, but Microsoftā€¦

Itā€™s up to Asobo/Microsoft to fix this, not have people try to do workarounds even if the workaround works.
When you pay for a product, generally you expect it to work out of the box, without having to set the sim up every time you fire it up.

6 Likes

Very likely expecting a fix in the next new hours should be resolved before Wednesday at the latest.

1 Like

Well youā€™d think a thread with over 500 replies might get some interest, so Iā€™m unsure if creating a new one would help or not tbh.

Couple of other thoughts that come to mindā€¦
-seeing others have their zen desk ticket categorised as ā€œbugā€. Itā€™s not a bug, it seems to be A version of Gaming Services thatā€™s not fit for purpose. If itā€™s not that I canā€™t wait to hear what it really is, given the number of people that have the issue, a common version of that component, and timing all fits in. That said who can blame us for believing that is the root cause, as there is no official comment on the issue one way or the other. Appalling lack of customer respect.

-the thoughts emerging that differing versions of Gaming Services are out there. Until now Iā€™d imagined they standardised on one version and any variations would merely be due to deployment capacity and timing. If, as someone has suggested, MS are targeting systems with specific versions, that deserves some explanation. If true, at its most ludicrous, it could be seen that we are an unwitting test bed for whatever code they decide to bang together. I donā€™t recall signing up for that or offering my testing time for free.

Given the lack of communication my thinking is to keep hitting Zendesk, and reference the version/date of Gaming Services, perhaps referencing this thread too. If they canā€™t be bothered communicating itā€™s only natural that customer noise levels will increase, whilst patience decreases.

9 Likes

Thank you!!! It worked like a charm! :laughing:

1 Like

I couldnā€™t agree more!

If they canā€™t be bothered communicating. The question is (( Why Why Why)) I would like an answer please.

2 Likes

MS could be doing something similar to the rollout of Windows 10 updates themselves.
I was reading for literally 4-6 months that Win10 update 20H1 had been released and that a lot of people already had access to it, while I was still waiting for MS to deem my hardware compatible. Then I found out that I was one of the first to get 20H2.
Now, what I find annoying is that Iā€™m actually in a compatibility test group without my prior consent to be an experimental tester, since I had and still am from my Windows settings, disabling experimental updates. They could be doing something similar here, where theyā€™re rolling out the update to computers deemed ā€œcompatibleā€ without actually testing it thoroughly.
Barnacules has said in the past that since MS scraped the dev test teams for Windows updates, things get pushed out that are buggier than they ever were in the past and rely on the community affected by any bugs to be noisy enough to do anything about a bug.
It seems that theyā€™re taking the same approach to their services updates now, which doesnā€™t bode wellā€¦

2 Likes

except of my game pass version, Iā€™ve just received box version of MSFS2020. Now i can read handbook and count useless dvdā€™s (10!). Itā€™s something.

1 Like

How do we know that this is all on MS?

No other MS Store packages appear to have been messed with.

What if there is a set of standards that MS Store games need to comply with and MSFS somehow does not?

Either way, I donā€™t suppose it matters, as long as it gets fixed.

i just download game service update!

Gaming services has just been updated to 2.50.20001.0 and MSFS seems to be loading the settings correctly now.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just downloaded an update to Gaming Services version 2.50.20001.0 -
I had updated to 2.50.18001.0 on the 20th and had the same problems.
Hopefully this new version will fix it and I will post again with the result.

I did a reinstall today because of this issue, unfortunately it didnā€™t help, Accessibility opening screen everytime I start the sim. I need to reset all my preferences.