UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

Tried to run the gaming services update (also did the reg del to try to work around this), giving me error code 0x80073D25

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/error-code-0x80073d26-cant-install-gaming-services/b08a4838-6d9a-4857-abbf-26f61118d06c

Good night guys and fly safe!

After digging thru this thread and trying everything - (turned off firewall/AV - manually started the XblGameSave service ā€“ I finally went to the MS Store and Searched for ā€œGaming Servicesā€ ā€“ and lo and behold there was a hung updateā€¦ Clicked on ā€œInstall on my devicesā€ and it updated the service Dlls and for the first time game stared without me having to reset everything, including A32NX (which wasnā€™t saving my Simbrief ID or anything). - so that was the problem. ā€“ Update the Xbox gaming services from the MS Store. (Titled ā€œGaming Servicesā€).

Tried all these unfortunately, mine is still stuck.

Ok, just did the update of GameServices to 2.50.20001.0 in the Windows Store, and MSFS is back to normal, no more settings amnesia

Back to flying :+1:

3 Likes

Need help. My Gaming Service updated from 2.50.5004 to 2.50.5005.0 an hour ago. How do I force it to update to GameServices to 2.50.20001.0?
My system never had 2.50.1800.1.0 installed which I guess is the one that caused all the problems. I check updates and it says, You are good to go.

MS could be doing something similar to the rollout of Windows 10 updates themselves.
I was reading for literally 4-6 months that Win10 update 20H1 had been released and that a lot of people already had access to it, while I was still waiting for MS to deem my hardware compatible. Then I found out that I was one of the first to get 20H2ā€¦
ā€¦
ā€¦It seems that theyā€™re taking the same approach to their services updates now, which doesnā€™t bode wellā€¦

Is there a specific URL to GameServices on the Microsoft Store? Iā€™m not facing the same issue and donā€™t particularly want to mess with PowerShell as the last time I did this, long story short, I had to reinstall Windows 10 thrice in two days.

I donā€™t mind a day or two of manually going through the settings, but like many, this wonā€™t bode well for too long.

How do you update Gaming Services?

Hello, the only thing we have to do to reactivate everything is what you indicate here?

I ask this because the Game Service has already an hour installing and does not end up doing it, what did I do wrong?

Go into Microsoft Store, go to updates and then download all.

Sorry, pretty useless at Xboxā€¦Where in the MS Store do I find updates?

EDITā€¦some how I stumbled though the pages and found my list of items and where ever I was, it updated game Services to 2.50.20001.0ā€¦is this good??

EDITā€¦ OK, ALL IS WELL AGAIN. MSFS loads without prompts I did go back though and reupdated all my preferences, saved everything. Shut down, and wait for 5 minutes, then restarted MSFSā€¦and it seems this update to game services was the one, and we no longer lose our saved settingsā€¦for the time being.

Iā€™m really seriously thinking I paid to be an ā€œDELUXEā€ alpha tester for this simulator. Going back to X-Plane till this game is a LOT more STABLE.

1 Like

It seems every update brings a lot of old issues and new issues. They need a much wider test arena, rather than their closed family of all similar machines and thinking.
I wish they would stop bringing new things to the game and stabilise what is presently released, then bring new features and restart the stabilising.

Funny, the Gaming Services update either takes HOURS to download and installā€¦or itā€™s broke. HOURS later and it still has not installed complete. Something very wrong is going on here.

@TenPatrol

Thanks for tiding us over until Microsoft released this fixed GS version. Your help has been invaluable.

Best regards mate

1 Like

Mine sat at like 90% for a while, I rebooted and was all set.

Everything seems to be good to go here now.

Not sure why mine didnā€™t autoupdate - I had to first click update - then ā€œGetā€ to get it to start downloading and installing ā€“ then it hung on the install - so I clicked ā€œGetā€ again. - The only thing it did was update a couple of DLLā€™s.

just catching up on the group threadā€¦ did the issue got fixed can i just undo what i did with MSIX and they update ? Thx everyone

Community mods are aware of the issue and it sounds like itā€™s being fast tracked.