UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

My ticket has finally been updated with normal steps to update GS, obviously nearly a day after I did it myself. No mention of how the ticket being categorised as a “bug” has transmuted into a software update to fix a …errrr software update.

I’ve clearly, but politely let them know how frustrating this avoidable incident has been, and whilst it may not go down well, pointed out that there appear to be fundamental issues with Change and Release Management. Industry standard processes designed to avoid this sort of mishap, in my view, are not being adhered to. It’s more damning as the way it manifested itself in MSFS 2020 would not have even required extensive testing - given it happens immediately post launch…just like the last time GS update broke things.

For this post to be useful, you need to tell us how to ensure we have ‘the fix’ properly installed.

i´ve noticed that also.
But i ignored it.
Logged out from ms-store and xbox app…reboot pc, nomore GS udate!

for now, i dont look again inside the ms-store, until that all get fixed, or windows get an major update!
my mfs works fine now!

I still have all the problems with all the screens when I start the simulator…

Not being computer savvy I am still not sure what to do :man_shrugging:

Do I go to the Xbox something or what?

1 Update windows and restart the computer.
2 run microsoft store app
3 update gaming services app

Run microsoft store app not website :wink:

obraz

Got it.
Installation seems stuck around 90%…

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

just close and reopüen the Store.
Update will be either done or continue…

Yes, that worked and I am back flying again!

I can’t help wondering why MS does not apologize or even tell their customers about this fix.

1 Like

update:
logged in with my 2nd account (from where the ms-store still works fine)
and saw that the us given Microsoft.GamingServices_2.50.5005.0
has selfish updated to Microsoft.GamingServices_2.50.20001.0

and mfs still runs fine from main account!

…even zendesk seems to sleep and has no engineers available -.-

1 Like

Ever since the update to 1.13.16.0 whenever I start the program I have to reenter all of my basic settings… It’s like I’m starting the game all over again… EVERY TIME I START THE PROGRAM. How do I stop this?

1 Update windows and restart the computer.
2 run microsoft store app
3 update gaming services app

1 Like

This seems to be the fix that worked for me too, never mind having lost all joystick bindings and settings.

I think its abusrd, the microsoft store is terrible, souldnt the update come automatically when trying to run the flightsim? No, microsoft logic is that its better to get on google to try and find the cause of a problem that sould never have existed. Must be a better way for gaming services to update that doesnt completley wipe your game of setings…You would think thats possible -Cough- STEAM -cough-

I regret ever having bought MSFS from the wonky microsoft store, sould have just stuck to steam. Not the first time the microsoft store has had MAJOR errors and faults… oh well…

1 Like

your joystick settings shouldnt be lost.
they were just switched to default, but your personal settings should still be there.
In Settings, Control, under your joystick it reads “DEFAULT”, right?
next to it are arrows, click them and you can switch profiles.
That’s where your own settings should still be available.

3 Likes

That’s correct all is as was before.
The only thing is the pop-up tool tips can’t be set to off., (THE SLIDER IS SET TO OFF), They always pop up that is not helpful.

I honestly think that the incident should be put into perspective. Let me explain:

• This thread contains 665 comments, if each of us has posted 3 times, that only makes 200 users affected !!!
  • I’m French, and on one of the main forums Pilote-Virtuel I don’t think there are more than 10 players affected.
  • All that to say that at the level of the planet, it is negligible quantity.
    This in no way excuses MS for his lack of transparency and communication, which, in addition to informing us, would have cleared Asobo.

As they say in France: “c’est peanuts”

Perspective is always a good thing in dealing with problem issues.

The issue described in this thread has caused genuine frustration to those affected and I would not like anyone to respond to @bernard1954 post with animousity here. In fact it is important that this thread remain on topic.

It seems that increasingly those afftected by the particular issue of having to reset settings on each launch of the game are being steadily reduced in number, with a gaming services update.

1 Like

Thank you! You just saved me hours of remapping! :grin:

1 Like

Hi,

Is there a way to push Gaming Services update ?
After trying couple of times MsStore didn’t update gaming services. It stuck on 2.50.5005.0 version.
Do I need to edit change any other thing other then stated ones ?

Best regards.