Ultra settings

I’m using the highest settings possible with my gaming PC and the ground still comes in as patches etc? Any advice?

1 Like

fights off sarcastic and unhelpful remarks with rabid pit bulls made of fire

It’s an issue being looked into … there are many opinions and possible adjustments currently* or you can wait for the next patch and see what that holds.

*search for threads on config files and increased LOD

2 Likes

Thanks! Does anyone know when the next patch will be out?

Check your Data settings, make sure they are all ON.

The next patch is coming on 7th September.

3 Likes

Make sure that SU5 didn’t turn off Photogrammetry. It did on my copy.

Ultra isn’t default due to a bug. You have to set the settings to Low, then save it, and then set it to Ultra, and save it again. Then it works until you turn the game off. You have to do that every time you play the game.

3 Likes

Where do I find that at?

Is this SU 6?

Had another question, if your doing a ILS Approach and the Co-pilot takes over for landing do you need to turn the APPR along with the ILS or just the ILS as the Co-pilot is in control?

The next world update is now scheduled for 7 September, and the next sim update is TBA/mid September per announcement today, and current roadmap.
Regards

Known issue. I’m maxed out too. The only thing I turn off is motion blur cause it drives me nuts. Word is it will be fixed in a week with the update. Fingers crossed.

It is World Update 6 (WU6). But my information was slightly out of date, as this upcoming release has been pushed back to 7th September.

1 Like

Read the updated news about the next release here: [BLOG] August 19th, 2021 Development Update - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Wrong!, you have to change it even if you change airport in the same game!

1 Like

Don’t use the highest settings.

Why not if you have a high end gaming computer?

1 Like

I think patches are coming out to sort out the patches.

Hopefully, on 7 September :slightly_smiling_face:

From what I’ve read, it must be done every flight.

So I’m sitting here with this $6000+ PC for nothing? Bruh…

I didn’t mean that to be short or condescenfing.

Do you have your General Rendering Quality set to Ultra?

Need to see a screenshot of the ground.
Please reply.

1 Like