Unable to add wind layer + wrong windspeed

This is STILL an issue over a year later.

Perhaps my issue is due to incorrect conversions with METRIC/HYBRID set:

Wind set in the UI to 240/40km/h which ended up giving me almost 80kts. I know the wind was reported correctly in the aircraft due to my speed, and rate of descent I needed to keep that glideslope with such a tailwind.

HYBRID and METRIC are just such a mess. C’mon Asobo, you’re French and live in the metric/hybrid world! No more mucking around with this please. We need proper (non-US) units to fly with!

In this first example I have attempted to set roughly 240/20kts. Hybrid mode advises the wind is in km/hr. Why?!? Wind is never reported in km/hr in aviation! ONLY knots (US or hybrid), or m/s in the metric world of China and Russia! 20kts is roughly 38km/hr. Instead I have this wind at almost 70kts!

Setting the wind correctly has the UI showing the wind now at 10km/hr, giving 18kts

Solution:
The UI (or perhaps the entire hybrid/metric system) has been converted incorrectly.
10kts is 18km/hr - The sim is using 10km/hr = 18kts!

Please, give the non-US world some accuracy!

• Wind speeds reported correctly, including ATC, METAR and ATIS - and in the weather UI
  • QNH reported in hPa such as 1013 in ATC instructions, METAR and ATIS
  • Hybrid distances reported in NM, Visibilities reported in METRES (<8km), or KILOMETRES(=>8km), Pressure in hPa (such as 1013 - including a texture set for hPa on instrument panels), and weights in KILOGRAMS.