Unable to Capture Glide Slope on workingtitle cj4 version 12.0

1. You are flying with the gear down, flaps 15 and 100% throttle all the time on every flight???

2. You should really learn the basics first. This is a horrible way to fly any aircraft.
    I’m not surprised that the GS doesn’t capture with this speed and in this configuration.

With this speed and flap configuration the pitch attitude doesn’t make any sense.
Confirm the flight model is set to MODERN?

1 Like

I won’t repeat the other piloting issues mentioned in the other replies but you are also well above the glideslope in that image. You can’t capture a glideslope from above. The ideal technique is to be flying level below the glideslope (or glidepath if you are flying an RNAV approach) and then fly into it from below. If you do that it will capture.

1 Like

Can I ask a dumb beginner guy question… How do you get the approach plate on the mfd?

You need to have a Navigraph subscription in order for it to work. If you do, go to IDX>NEXT>MOD SET and on the right you will see an option called NG Link. To link a chart subscription, click on LSK 5R next to NOT LINKED to begin the process. A web browser to Navigraph will then open up asking for the WT CJ4 to access a token on Navigraph’s servers. You should only need to repeat this process once. Working Title at no time has any access to personal information in this exchange. It is an OAuth Device Authorization Flow for which the CJ4 simply asks Navigraph for an access/refresh token once they verify the account through the weblink. All of this is stored locally on the user’s machine.

I took this from the Working Title CJ4 Users Guide that you can find here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qzxPMTSQRkvau8QOi7xUqNvjx9rbww_qHlso5AT5OnI

1 Like

Thanks Mike. I’ve gotten as far as getting my navigraph subscription linked to the CJ4. I’ll dig through the instructions a bit more to see what the MFD options are. Still learning this fantastic mod.

Once you get your Navigraph subscription linked then it’s just a matter of clicking on the Chart button on the MFD panel then clicking on LWR MENU to select the chart you want to display. You have to have a Departure and Arrival airport defined in your flightplan in order for charts to be displayed.

1 Like

If you have purchased Navigraph,
Click the ICON on the Start Menu
Right Click “Navigraph Charts” and put it on the Taskbar

Click Navigraph Charts on the Taskbar to run it
Click “Flights” on top of the screen.
Here you can create a New Flight or open an Existing flight
Use Export to send the Flight Plan to FS2020.

Load the Plan into FS2020 via “Load/Save”
On mine, the load screen does not show .pln files
Type *.pln for a flie name and click “Open”
Now you can click the flight.pln file to Load it into FS2020

After the .pln is loaded,
On theFS2020 Main Menu, click FLY"

Follow the WT CJ4 instructions for loading the Flight Plan into the FMC.
“To load the plan into the FMS you can either enter it manually or use the FPLN RECALL (GAME/SB) option in IDX → PAGE2 → ROUTE MENU”

I was just now reading through the WT CJ4 v.12.1 and saw this.

NAVIGRAPH - Links Navigraph Chart subscription for E-Chart access on MFD. To link a chart subscription, click on LSK 5R next to NOT LINKED to begin the process. A web browser to Navigraph will then open up asking for the WT CJ4 to access a token on Navigraph’s servers.”
You should only need to repeat this process once.

I forgot that I had done this to get the Charts to display.

2 Likes

I’ll try this on my lunch break and report back. Appreciate the thorough instructions.

I replied to your Post which was a mistake.
Your post was correct.

Sorry, I was answering the OPs question.
Looking at those posts now, I cannot see what I was answering to.

My experience with the CJ4 lately is that the glide slope gets captured most of the time, but it does sometimes fail to capture. When that happens, I switch off autopilot and hand fly it.

Pretty easy if it’s VFR conditions; a real challenge if it’s IFR. The indicators work fine, and with proper pitch/throttle management I can pretty much keep it on the glide slope manually if I start far enough out.

Sir, did you solve this? Thank you, Mark