Unable to install fix 1.18.15.0

Every time I start MS Flight Sim, it says I need to install a mandatory update, but when I visit the MS Store there’s no updated to apply.

Anyone else stuck in this loop? As I can’t use the sim until I install the update that’s not there!

Screenshot of the error and the store up to date!

Started when the 1.18.15.0 release was issued.

I can confirm the same thing for me.
Microsoft Store does not show the .18.15 update for me in Germany on Sunday night

The game is correct and the store is wrong… but that’s not helpful.

Have you restarted the computer? Windows can sometimes get stuck and not actually check when you click “get updates”.
What has also helped me twice in this situation is simply clicking the icon next to MSFS in the list there, and the update starts after a few seconds.

I have tried numerous variations of all of this.
I was hopeful re-installing Game Services would help, like this post suggested. But it does not (even after a full shut-down and reboot)

I’ve tried the following, all of which failed to let me upgrade to 1.18.15.0:

• Reboot PC
  • Repair app
  • Reset app
  • Uninstall and reinstall
  • Reset MS store (wsreset.exe)

All fails to let me upgrade. I’m using the UK Microsoft store in England.:woozy_face:

Same for me from Spain

eventually it will load the packets you need and install the fix. Be sure your signed into the Microsoft website as well.

I’ve been trying for 2 days. The Windows stores just not showing the 1.18.15.0 patch no matter how many times I refresh the store.

I’m signed out and in of the store and online.

the solution is here!

Same problem for me, but no love with the suggested fixes … store still shows nothing …

But game still needs install from the store …

Mandatory Update

Any other ideas out there?

Hmmm, hope you dont have to do what I did. Uninstalled store per YT video, then reinstalled store, did something wrong, reset W10, no joy, store was not showing up. Then used OEM USB Recovery disk and rebuilt the whole PC. Took 5 days for that to be finished, then redownloaded game with very slow internet 20+ hours. FWIW-Game downloaded the latest update automatically, and I did not even know it was doing it. Store will update in background. See if just opening up store and leaving it, fixes your issue.

There are several suggestions in this topic: Game will not update hotfix 2 - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
For most installing Xbox app and checking for updates after that seems to be working.

Installing the XBox App solved it for me!! The Xbox App showed an update - went back to the Microsoft store - clicked update - and the download started.

XBox app solved the problem.

It was already installed, but opening the xBox App made the update appear in the Windows store.

Now just need to reform load the whole game again (127GB) and setup all by key binding against​:pensive: as I didn’t backup the files before trying to reset/repairand uninstall the game to get the update :weary:

1 Like

Hi,

Yes had exactly the same usual MSFS BS errors for which there is no help other than other users:

This has worked for me twice:

1. find the folder: C:/user/[name]/appdata/local/packages/microsoft.flight_simulator*************
  2. Go into SAFE mode and Rename that folder simply by changing the last letter to something else (I couldn’t rename unless I went into safe mode)
  3. Reboot into normal mode
  4. Goto the Xbox app and select uninstall
  5. Reboot back into SAFE mode and rename that folder back to it’s original name
  6. Go back to the Xbox app and re-install (which it should do quickly)
  7. Run MSFS - it should work

(I got this fix from this forum somewhere)

didnt work for me… tryied everything…

Im having the same issues. Been trying for a few days. I have signed out and restarted my PC and M Store a number of times. No luck.

What next?

I deleted the app, reinstalled it and now have 1.18.15.0. Now to install the update.

keep you posted.

I can’t install the update either. I’ve tried solutions mentioned above, but without any success.
The only other solution I’m pretty confident will work, is to unistall, then reinstall MSFS. :frowning:

I´ve been trying to install 1.18.15. for a few days. Same problem like Topic Author wiggleniggle. All tips/tricks/W/A in the forum doesn´t work. I´m going to post this issue to zendesk