Unable to sync your data with the cloud... (after a reinstall)

I’m getting the same “we can’t sync at this time” error after a fresh install.

I opened a ticket for zendesk and nothing!

I’ve used a simulator since FS9, I’ve used FSX, FSX stean edition, xplane 10 and 11, prepare 3D V1, 2 3 4 and 5 and I’ve always been able to save my personal files from the simulator, now this one comes from the cloud and I’m unable to use one product i paid horrors of expensive (here in brazil) so cuz if i use it i will lose my history that is in the cloud and i can’t download it! I’ve done a clean installation of windows about 3 times and nothing, I’ve changed my internet provider and nothing!
I’ve done everything in the forums and nothing!

Sorry my english!

Yeah, it looks like we will need to wait for a fix. In the meantime, also upvote the thread to get more attention on this issue.

Same problem here. I think this might be related: As of yesterday my MSFS started to CTD on start (which – I since learned – is exactly around the sync time). I didn’t find any solution after trying different things and Googling a lot, so I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game, hoping for best.

After reinstall I got the same “Unable to sync your data…” error. I can start offline, but all my settings are gone, as are my flight hours. Bad timing as I was hoping to do a lot of flying as I’m on holidays :slight_smile:

btw, I don’t know if it is important, but every time I try to sync the data in a windows app (also flight simulator) a warning appears in my system event log
Event-ID: 10016
The Application specific permission setting do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user “…” from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

PS: Any typing erros are my fault. I have a german system and to make it easier for the support I typed the corresponding english message from a screenshot.

OK, quick update. I did several things yesterday and I THINK that I´m able to store my configurations now, maybe this can help you guys:

1. Updated XBOX app
  2. Followed the instructions on this post: UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update - #159 by TenPatrol
  3. Rebooted the PC
  4. Started the sim, got the same “unable to sync”
  5. Pressed “try again” about 3 times (or until it no longer appears)
  6. The sim finally started.
  7. Closed the sim and restarted it
  8. Did not received the “unable to sync” message, configured the graphics and controller settings and apparenty they are now being stored.

As fas as I saw, my flight history was NOT there, and that is not a big deal for me. I know that there are plenty of users that do not want to lose that history, and therefore this might not be useful, but if you don´t really need that, then this might help to get a usable sim again.

I got mine to sync. But I lost my previous flight history. (Maybe cause I kept hitting the try to sync again button a thousand times yesterday).

Here’s what I did:
Go to the Microsoft Store, sign in, click the 3 dots on the top right and choose downloads and updatres. Make sure Gaming Services, Xbox Gsme Bar and Xbox are up to date.

On the PC, make sure that the Xbox-services are started properly and that your “XblGameSave” task exists in your Windows Task Scheduler.

1 : Right click start - run - and type “services.msc” , now scroll down the list and make sure all the xbox-services are set to automatic , they should not be on “disabled”

List of services that should not be on disabled :

Xbox Accessory Management Service
Xbox Live Auth Manager
Xbox Live Game Save
Xbox Live Networking Service

2 : Right click start - run - and type “taskschd.msc” , on the left click on “Task Scheduler Library” - “Microsoft” - “XblGameSave” - and check if the task “XblGameSaveTask” exists on your right. I had to start mine

3 : Right click start - “Settings” , “Gaming” , “Xbox Networking”. If it completed the connection test it’s fine, if it has a problem click on “Fix Me” and try again. I did it 2 times.

Restart your computer

1 Like

I do not have those on services, how can I install ?!??!

Xbox Live Auth Manager
Xbox Live Game Save
Xbox Live Networking Service

Tnks and sorry my english!

Hey man,
These services should come with your Windows 10.
I have no idea why you don’t have those but I think a reinstall using Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool will definitely fix it.

I just did it! Windows fresh install using Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool

I found the services, I did everything right and even so with error!

The services had a different name, in Portuguese! :man_facepalming:

Hey man,
No worries, it’s pretty obvious that the cloud server is having connectivity issue.
We’re not alone here and it’s not your fault.
So just don’t touch anything and don’t go into offline save mode.
Let’s wait for them to fix it.
I have strong hope that our cloud saves are still on the cloud.

I have strong hope that our cloud saves are still on the cloud.

I just tried to see if the issue has been fixed. I got a dialogue this time saying that there’s an older save in the cloud and could select either between that or a local save. The sync itself didn’t still work, but at least this keeps me hopeful that I haven’t lost my settings / history :slight_smile:

That’s a very important and hopeful information to hear!

Thanks for sharing mate!

Looks like the cloud save is still intact and the server is getting back online!

There some hope, the xbox app has just been updated and this message came when I logged out and logged in to my account.

MSG - Your game progress is being saved. In addition, you will earn achievements and be able to play with friends

:cry: Still not syncing!

Ok, I can confirm that after doing what I specified on my previous post I was able to save my settings and I´m not seeing the “unable to sync” message. However, my whole logbook is gone. ONce again, for me that is not that much of an issue, so if you don´t mind about losing that information, that procedure will work.

Nice! My problem is not the logbook, because I only fly online on the IVAO network, I have more than 5k hours!
The biggest problem and the settings of my controls! I lost all this and I am not using the simulator because of that, because if I create a new profile, I will end up losing it, there were days setting everything up and balancing dead zone and sensitivity! But I don’t see any way out, I haven’t been flying since last Friday!

1 Like

Yes, exactly what was happening to me. I did had to re create all my controllers ´ settings, but it is finally working.

Sad, I have been simulating since FS9, I never had any problem with that, just back up the simulator configuration files and be happy! Now with this cloud (which is great when it works) there is this dilemma, I wait for the solution or I lose everything or give up on MSFS instead and go back to the old ones!?

Same here, tried everything on here and log outs etc. Managed to get it to start but lost all my logs, and noticed the sim is very slow even navigating the menu etc. They seem to fix one issue and create another. Hope this gets fixed soon, wish I hadn’t bought the premium one, had issues from the start in one form or another.