[UNDER INVESTIGATION] No streaming data working, photogrammetry and bing maps just stopped working

Same here in Germany. Just flew int Cairo with the DC-6 and Egypt is a lush green. Very blurry lush green I should add…

Hopefully they know what a PCAP trace is. Good job!

Cheers. I just tried deleting all the sceneryindexes and it didn’t make any difference. I don’t seem to see any ROLLINGCACHE.CCC files at all though.

Maybe you saved your rolling cache somewhere else, that’s just the default location. You should also be able to delete and rebuild your rolling cache from the game’s settings.

1 Like

Same here and now when I try to start a flight I get CTDs…Never got CTDs before.

1 Like

There is a problem with the MS servers. You’re wasting your time deleting, re-installing, changing settings etc etc etc. There’s nothing you can do but wait for a fix.

6 Likes

Given this affects only a subset of people, I wonder if this is only happening to those who never saw the Hotpatch 2 download on their PCs for Sim Update V (1.18.15.0). I recall a bunch of people saying they noticed they were on Sim Update V (1.18.15.0) without any downloads. I was one of those people. Anyone else? I know this is a stretch of a theory but who knows.

Yeah my rolling cache is on my E drive. Just found the ROLLINGCACHE.CCC and deleted it. Still didn’t work though. CDT again and the main menu after launch.

Same problem here from Portugal in PC. No photogrametry or satellite data stream

It looks like the problem source DNS server might be ns1-205.azure-dns.com as it has appeared on two of the traces posted here. Its routing table is either missing entries or totally messed up. There are four DNS servers ns1-205 to ns4-205. Since some users are getting scenery correctly, I’m thinking they are hitting one of the “good” servers, maybe because of load balancing.

2 Likes

Folks - I have no updates to add to @OlieTsubasa443 replies. But as one other user observed, many folks are trying to do things to their sim installation that may do more harm than good in the short-term. May I strongly recommend folks WAIT OUT this investigation and just sit tight. Don’t make changes or reinstall, etc.

18 Likes

While I commend your attempts to debug and understand the problem, be aware that, especially in a cloud environment, nameserver addresses are often not assigned “globally” to a specific server instance. It is quite common that your requests are routed to a nameserver instance based on your location, and the responses might also depend on where your requests are coming from.

The most prominent examples are probably 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1. Google “anycast” for more details.

You don’t have to restart your sim, as it won’t solve nothing. What happens is that the server issues are random, sometimes it works, sometimes don’t

I am definitely on HF2, and had the problem all day Saturday, and part of the day yesterday (Sunday). It started working again when I turned IPV6 off in my network card. I later turned IPV6 back on and it continued working. I went to the MS Store to see if there were any updates. I noted that “gaming services” had updated last Wednesday the 24th. Interestingly there was a partially completed update for the XBox game bar showing - as if it had started downloading and got stuck. I updated it the rest of the way, and it showed as fully installed.

Today, all streaming and Photogrammetry is working fine on first launch of the sim.

Thanks Olie,

Saturday, Sunday, Monday (today) no bing data and photogrametry in Poland

Anyone is the States having issues?

Me! East Coast.

Just tried disabling IPv6 but still no Bing data.

Is photogrammetry down?