Unwelcome welcome in the UK

LOL…gotta find this and take a screenie for sure !

I see you all got my message then… Only kidding! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
This should have the opposite effect on simmers now, wanting to get selfies :laughing:

Someone change it to “Go forth and multiply!”

2 Likes

I hope they don’t remove this. :wink:

2 Likes

It doesn’t exist in Google.

I landed there and nobody came out and yelled ‘Go Home Yank’

9 Likes

My money is on disgruntled Asobo employee defaced the Bing imagery after working through another weekend after the third delay of the UK update. :wink:

5 Likes

Should being the keyword … look forward to the wings not working.

7 Likes

This getting fixed will cause headwinds to act like tailwinds and tailwinds to act like headwinds.

4 Likes

I’m guessing that a farmer got fed up with microlights, autogyros, hang gliders or paramotor pilots landing in his field or something like that. Not sure that it was directed towards foreigners, though who knows.

Still, I must have another little flight around Dover to take a look and see whether the update sorted the white cliffs or whether I still need the mod.

1 Like

Please don‘t! This would diminish realism :joy:

2 Likes

i found it easily enough

51°12’02.3"N 1°17’39.2"E

Using those coordinates i went into google maps and looked at the A256, which is on the VFR map. I spawned in the air and and used the VFR map and the shape of the highway to locate the text. Images below /

There is a history in the UK, of disgruntled farmers especially, who have painted messages on top of barns, etc because of low flying by the military and proximity to airfields, etc.

There was one many years ago, “P…s off flyboys” from a farmer annoyed with low level RAF training. His message ensured that over the next few days, he was visited by nearly all of the RAF, but also, as much of NATO that could get an excuse to come over as well.

It is also slightly ironic that after so much hype about PG London, etc. Etc. that this will be the "Must see " addition of WUP III.

6 Likes

Get off my lawn! All life is precious unless its setting foot on my property :joy:

3 Likes

Google Mapsdata_rollout__Tactile.IsDogfoodRollout__launched%3Afalse%2C__data_rollout__Tactile.IsFishfoodRollout__launched__%3Afalse

Amongst many, that’s my favorite POI of WU III UK ! Perhaps, it should even get flagged on the sim map.

3 Likes

Brings a tear to my eye. Makes me proud to be British.

16 Likes

Google Maps shows a green field. One up for Bing. :+1:

7 Likes

I mean, as a Brit myself, that’s pretty quintessentially British if you ask me.

To be frank you were lucky it wasn’t accompanied by an artful rendition of the male anatomy.

9 Likes