Unwelcome welcome in the UK

Now THAT is a thought… What have they done with the Cerne Abbas Giant? Bing maps still shows him with a touch of stiffness and it ain’t rheumatism.

1 Like

Long man got a long ■■■■■■■ in 2010, so it may indeed be that you were thinking of… I think it was just pitch marker paint though so they probably just did some manscaping to get rid of it.

edit - although I see the Cerne Giant came fitted from the factory now you mention it. Good to know the tradition goes back so far.

1 Like

Came back after the edit and saw your post

The Giant is an historical figure that is a protected monument, owned by the National Trust and thought to be of 17th century origin. A lot of history in Britain… Should give the thought police something to whinge about though…

Edit from the Mooney cockpit… Yep, he is there in all his morning glory.

1 Like

around 1 km north of your location there is an alien face in a brown field in Google :smiley:

A beautiful sunset. Oh…

8 Likes

That would be 50.813732, -2.474473 if you’re looking. I’ll probably take a look later today.

Been there. Got the tee shirt. All present and ere*t.

HAAAAHHH !! :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :ok_hand:

its not just English mate… sure ive heard that phrase a few times here in Scotland too :laughing:

1 Like

and we pay for “landmark” add-ons and have the best for free :joy:

3 Likes

love British humour. Reminds me of when David Blane came over and hung in a box over the Thames. Thinking everyone would love this amazing feat and all everyone did was throw rotten fruit at the box :laughing: :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Great find and nice bit of humour! Brought a smile to my face today, If Atc was working that would be a foxtrot oscar!
Stay safe!

You might want to consider participating :joy:

6 Likes

I was about to say that people should submit this to the weekly screen shot contest. You beat me to it. lol

2 Likes

The only way that land graffiti could be any more British is if it was followed by the word “w%^ker”".

2 Likes

Consider it done.

2 Likes

It’s the world we live in. Love VFR.

Cheers,
PACO572

1 Like

It does in Bing Maps

If you travel a little further up the A256 (Dover Road) you come to the village of Buttsole. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes