Upcoming Dev Q&A Wishlist

Bad approach…

When is the Q&A taking place?

1 Like

I am in 100% agreement with all of this. It’s infuriating that users constantly come in here and claim all is well when CLEARLY all is NOT well. I had 1,350 hours played in this sim, happily, with excellent graphics and a superb VR experience. Ever since Sim Update 5, it’s been a nightmare, and I sadly haven’t been able to play due to the massive graphics downgrade in almost all aspects of the sim (lighting, clouds, reflections, colors, AA, blurriness, draw distance reductions, LOD reductions, and pop-in that is still present after WU6) that is taking all the enjoyment away for me.

There is without a doubt a downgrade and I wouldn’t just be making this up for no reason, and I have the experience to back up this claim. Any users that say otherwise simply are not noticing it, but we’re all playing the same sim and it’s 100% there.

Our only hope is that Asobo cares to revert the graphics for us high end PC users. For now, the sim is unenjoyable and the VR experience is abysmal.

Please, Asobo, address these questions!

3 Likes

“nightmare,” “haven’t been able to play,” “massive downgrade,” “taking all the enjoyment away,” “unenjoyable,” “abysmal.”
These are all subjective terms, and I can describe my experience with quite different terms. Which of us is right? This kind of argument leads absolutely nowhere.

The only way to persuade anyone, or to prove your point, is to stay away from emotional words and start using some objective criteria like framerate comparisons, screen shots and video comparisons etc. But even then there are so many variables with each person’s experience, hardware, internet connection quality and speed, etc., that being objective is very hard. So we resort to hyperbole, invective and anger.

It feels great to vent. But does it really do any good?

2 Likes

The proof is all over the forums, but Asobo has been radio silent on most of the issues so what else can we do… I am sharing facts from my perspective, and if you disagree please move along and go enjoy your sim.

1 Like

I wonder if anyone has any early texture assembly files left? for example, if yes, you can compare the cloud texture files themselves
they are in the folder Official\OneStore\fs-base\weather\clouds
if in early assemblies the size of the files is larger than now the fact, then was the compression of texture quality has an explanation with the quality of the clouds

Here is my list @Jummivana :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-cloud-turbulences-no-weather-turbulences-planes-seem-to-be-on-rail/350037/

4 Likes

Boy, I came across as a really pedantic college-boy putz in that first response. You were just expressing your feelings and I stomped all over them.

My apologies.

1 Like

coud not agree more!!

2 Likes

Completely agree. We’re over a year in and the only “classic” airliner in production is the JF F-28 (as far as I know) with none in the Sim. Way too much time is being spent on the default aircraft. The default aircraft should be little more than something for occasional pilots to play with. Leave proper aircraft to the 3rd parties who have been doing them for decades and get the SDK finished and documented properly.

2 Likes

When will hotfix be released after latest bugged WU ??

Although emotional and subjective, these reactions are understandable and result from people who were happy with the quality of the sim (like me), flying in beautiful VR graphics and happily awaiting “updates” to the sim to improve further and implement new functionality. When these updates arrive and are pushed to the sim, and instead of improving the sim they degrade the quality, one can get emotional, especially when there is now way back, along with a lack of communication from the devs and no fix in sight.

The issues mentioned here are all documented and proven, and although this is still a great product, a downgrade in quality is not what anyone expects. The main issue for me is the degraded AA / shimmering that is a killer for VR. Cloud pixelation has also taken a turn for the worse, and although sometimes graphics are still phenomenal, a lot of times clouds look horrible, and worse than before SU5.

We are all hoping for some communication on this, acknowledgement of the issues, and fixes to be provided. At the same time we are lookin forward to great new updates and features.

1 Like

So you think way to much development time is being spent on the default aircraft and they should only be used for occasional sim pilots ? Suggesting that If some of the instruments or navigation equipment does not function properly that I should wait until I find a “proper” aircraft in the market place to purchase ? Really ??

1 Like

That’s not what I said. Fixing broken things is fine. But the default aircraft should be as they were in previous Sims. There for something to fly to get you off the ground when you install it. Same in previous version of FS, P3D, X-plane etc.
If you keep making the default aircraft to the stage that they are perfect and fully immersive, why would any third party make one?
I stand my my comment. It’s the age old saying, give a hungry man a fish, he’ll be full for a day; give him the tools to fish and he need never grow hungry. - the focus has to be on the SDK and encouraging people to develop. That’s how we get a Sim with longevity.

3 Likes

Totally agree. Default aircrafts suck big time and always sucked in any of the previous sims. Let everyone do what they know best.

1 Like

Its about time we had triple monitor support. Even a beta version of it. Tired of waiting for something that’s simple to implement.

I just wish I could get the graphics and the elevator trim from pre-SU5 back… Or just let me use SU4, I don’t need any further improvements (or downgrades) from SU4.

The shimmering of the scenery in particular is very distracting. It happens even in active pause and really draws the eye.

It also affects World Update scenery. Like flying around the Pic du Midi Observatory - I can tell it’s been modeled with love, but all I see is a shimmering mess…

4 Likes

Agreed. If they just let PC users opt-in to reverting back to Sim Update 4, I and along with many others would be very happy until they can fix this mess. For me, it’s unplayable right now.

2 Likes

Xbox is an arcade player

Clearly it is not.

Could not agree more with this.

Only thing I would add, is a similar thing, I believe the lighting to have taken a massive downgrade too.

1 Like