(Update 06/21: WU5 and OrbX Mesh Hotfix) [Freeware] Iceland Overhaul

thanks for sharing, very useful

1 Like

Greatly appreciate all your hard work!

how do you do this please ?

I can work out how to fix water hills but I can’t seem to understand how to save the project correctly and then get it into the sim after.

The compiling an airport section shows how to build the package! It is the same process to build for any project.

I have these files after creating and saving my scenery edits of the River Thames I don’t know if I have done that right and if I have, I don’t know what files need moving to the community folder to see the changes in the sim.
After downloading your file I definitely haven’t done it right. Will have a better look tomorrow way past my bedtime lol
Saving the changes seems the hardest part lol

Shot ya a message!

thank you will try , Im creating 3d scenery and this 'll help

Look like your missing the package folder , maybe try rebuild your package, also dont do this in your sample scenery folder as this one serve as a template when creating :slight_smile:

New update!

2 Likes

Yeah I was doing it wrong cos i was trying to follow the guide but couldn’t seem to work it out after alot of patience by @baddweapon I finally learnt how to do it once i feel comfortable that i really know what im doing I will help others or possibly make a YouTube video.

Oh dear editing is addictive We been given 2 games in one here.
Currently smoothing all the main parts of the River Thames what a mess it was.
Little more levelling to do then I will move on to unmasking all the hidden gems hiding under the water.

2 Likes

Thx m8 awesome package :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for this collection of fixes,

1 Like

Awesome work, I flew around Iceland today and it looked very good.

I did have a little surprise at Vatnsness (BIFA)

I turned the plane around instead of risking that launch :slight_smile:

Vatnajökull National Park lacks detailed data on Bing I guess?

Very clear transition in detail. There were a lot of cracks there as well (hall of mirrors effect)

Back down the detail returned and it was glorious

Thanks for the great work!

2 Likes

Thanks!
Yeah theres a few airports that have strange runways and thresholds. Those changes for now would require some more detailed airport tweaking and I’m going to try to do that as it’s own update.

A lot of the inland areas definitely dont have good map data currently! Fixing something like that is still a learning process for me.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this!

I loved flying over Iceland back in P3D with the OrbX scenery ever since I’ve visited the place in real life 10 years ago.

Now that I’m starting my round-the-world trip and my Donegal-Iceland leg is coming up, your fix came just at the right time! :blush:

2 Likes

Updated again

4 Likes

Hello baddweapon,

Thank you again for your work.

I just flew to the Solheimasandur Plane Wreck

and I just want to point this out to you (on the mountain)

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks! Was the plane wreck in the sim? I’m thinking about adding it.
I’ve seen a bit of those weird landscape artifacts around other parts of Iceland as well. I’m still trying to figure out how to fix those but that may be an issue until the SDK is more fleshed out.