Update 1.12.13.0 has been an FPS killer

Prior to the update, I was easily getting smooth 60 fps (60hz monitor) at cruising altitudes with passenger view. Since the update, I’m unable to get past 35-40fps in the same view with noticeable stutters while switching camera. CPU and GPU utilizations are sitting at around 75% and 45% respectively. Before the update, this limitation was only inside the cockpit but now that 40fps frame limit is persistent in any view inside the aircraft. I only tried A320 and B747 since those are the ones I usually fly. It feels like something is holding back the smoothness I had before this update.

Anyone else facing this issue?

I’ve only tried one flight since the update but I noticed a drop too. I need to do more flights to confirm this. I am using the neo A320 Fly By Wire version .51 though so I need to try the default Airbus to confirm a drop in frame rates.

2 Likes

I noticed this drop since last couple of versions. From 40’s comfortable FPS to barely 30 on airports. If I switch to the FBW neo now things would be worse.

Yea who knows what happens with each patch, controls unbound, setting changed, different system usage, FPS lower. It’s madness. There is a huge disconnect when you watch their twitch shows then the patch comes out and it’s disaster. I am sad it’s going this way.

3 Likes

Same here. In fact I lost about 20 fps in the A320 in my benchmark run (same route, graphical settings, autopilot settings, weather/traffic settings), from about 60 to 40. Ryzen 5800X, RTX 3080, 48 GB 3200 MHz CL14 RAM.

1 Like

Im curious to know how many of you are running ampere GPU’s? I too experienced a huge drop running a 3090 here.

Mind seem to be about the same or slightly better on performance. I haven’t checked my frs maybe I should. But everything seems smooth enough from take off to landing. I have everything on high but I do have reflections off and other not important items.

Have a i7 4.5gz. 32 ram dd5 1080. 4 monitors all 1920x1080. I was thinking up a upgrade but not sure what. Something for the computer store to tell me.

Just in case this applies to anyone else- double-check your graphics settings. I thought my framerates had tanked as well but turns out my render scaling had reset to 100 from 80 where I had it before the update. Switched back to 80 and I was back with the same framerates I had before. Who knows if other settings got moved though.

1 Like

Checked the FPS counter in Dev mode and GPU is all green, so that rules out rendering or anything else related to GPU. I’m mostly limited by main thread and CoherentGTDraw. These never limited me at high altitudes, especially if I’m not focussed on cockpit instruments but now they do.

1 Like

Sounds like exactly what I’m experiencing

1 Like

I always see this rush of complaints after each update drops and I really think people need to allow some time to truly rate it. What if the performance drops you’re seeing are simply because the Asobo servers are being hit by update traffic and normal FS info streaming is being brought down a bit. I’m not discounting that they could have broke something but I think we need to give these updates time to percolate a bit before making judgments. With a sim that relies on immense amounts of data downloads from central servers, that portion of the overall experience seems to be absent from the FPS discussions.

1 Like

I understand your concern but that point is not valid in this context.

2 Likes

thank you very much Microsoft for screwing up the next update!!!

3 Likes

Same here I had stable 60 fps at 2k ultra settings but since update down to 30 fps at 1080p medium/high settings plus stuttering Merry Christmas :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Same frames here since the last few months. Not using the FBW mod, since that is a fps killer.

1 Like

The same problem, drop in performance less fps and crashes.

2 Likes

I haven’t been monitoring FPS but the sim is a great deal less stable. CTD during every long-range flight.

2 Likes

I noticed this too, but for some reason changing the Priority to High in Task Manager brought it all back to pre-update levels. Don’t know why this affects fps so much but good enough.

I can’t confirm this problems?
I installed Windows completly new because Cyberpunk didn’t started.
Now a few settings in Nvidia Control Center and it is running smooth as it should be. And yes I use many Mods. For me the best patch becazse of the Snow and other things also for me no CTDs.

Interesting. In this update, I had a gain of about 25 fps