Update RAM from 32 to 64gb

Ok i didn’t think it would be worthwhile and expected no improvement adding another 32gb ram(64gbtotal).
I was fully prepared for it to be a waste of money but can’t believe the difference it has made for me on same settings as before upgrade i have gained around 5 to 9 fps but even better I was able to move the terrain and object level of detail sliders up from 100 to 200 and still able to get equal or better fps than before. All compared in same conditions all live traffic and weather off before and after. Am now able to move the render scale up 10 in area’s out side populated series. Not only that it has pretty much illuminated stutter. I think the thing that made the change was using a larger Ram cache of 25gb’s to make use of the spare ram. Would love to see if has the same effect for other people. running I9-9900k RTX 2070 both OC’d with now 64gb ram and nvme samsung evo plus m.2 ssd drive for the sim. 72mbps download 17 upload net. run it close to full 4k as well.
Unfortunately I didn’t get before screenshots but here is a couple from after ram increase:

Before in London I would hover around 28/29 fps with render scaling 10 lower at 80 and terrain and object detail sliders at 100.

Same render scaling as before ram upgrade but with terrain and objects detail slider at 200 instead
would only see 30 in same place at EGLC airport

Stutters have almost disappeared from my sim now. a lot better experience.

6 Likes