Update: Savage Carbon - STOL Realism Mod (v2.10 / Dec 27, 2022)

You can…open Filters in the preflight menu and you’re good to go! Do note that quite a number of grass/dirt strips (especially the smallest, or private ones) are still missing at the moment. You may need to refer to other sources as well for now.

1 Like

Personally I find: any terrain that is big enough for the Savage Cub is a good terrain, it does not have to be an official terrain, that is what I find so great about that sim when flying VFR.
Often if the strip exists IRL, it is present in the sim as a working terrain even if it is not listed in the sim.
You can copy paste coordinates from google maps in the MSFS world map search bar to add waypoints and destination to your flight plan. Those waypoints will be visible on the VFR map even if the cub has no glass screen. We have the entire world to play with…

4 Likes

Including the oceans :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’m using my Garmin Pilot and surprisingly I’ve already found a few strips. Unreal.

1 Like

You have to try water surfing big ocean waves, it will require some training :sweat_smile:

Oh trust me I tried that in the pursuit of getting this skiing right. Loads of fun needless to say!

There is always noise coming from Gravel’s barn these days…

…overcome by curiosity, his neighbors sneaked over and ripped a poster of the enlarged barn door.
“Well that’s not helping!”, they exclaimed.

6 Likes

In my dreams it’s a Pilatus PC-6 with an A34 turbine, skydiving equipped, with the panoramic door and Beringer brakes. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

In the mean time, some Quality of Life improvements…Liters AND Gallons, and reprogrammed the way this thing works as the original is inaccurate and weirdly scaled to say the least. A little thing. 4 to 5 Hours of work. One of the test pilots requested this fuel gauge update. The SC simply wouldn’t be the same without their continuous feedback and ideas.

And if you paid close attention you notice something about the numbers…and no…it’s no mistake.

3 Likes

1R1
Try Bing/Google searches with variations on the theme, “Bush strips/airfields in Idaho, Alaska etc” for real world ones & from info you may get a code or coordinates you can track down.
TG

1 Like

:eyes: Savage carbon special edition :eyes:

1 Like

I’ll take 3

1 Like

Bingo!! By far the closest guess yet. And special she’ll be!

2 Likes

Don’t make me hunt down your barn and steal it!

1 Like

I got a beast of a dog named Scrappy roaming my barn. Just so you know. Quite the :hotdog:

1 Like

If your making scrappy my order is in for 16 of them

2 Likes

“Marge!”
“What Henry!”
“He’s up to something!”
“What?”
“Look at this picture!”
Marge sniffed & perused Henry’s laptop screen.
“Looks like an old mining building Henry. Our place will look like that if you don’t fix the guttering!”
Henry sighed in exasperation.
“Not the building. He’s got something in there!”
“Really?”, Marge’s eyebrows arched like twin '67 VW headlights.
“Something special!” Henry was becoming excited.
“Careful dear, we don’t want to short out the pacemaker, do we?”, Marge whispered.
“What do you think it is Marge?”, Henry continued.
“Hmmm!”, Marge frowned, her brow furrowed like receding tide lines wandering in the sand.
“I think!”, & she paused dramatically, “I think it’s an AN-2 with a Lycoming XR-7755 up front!”
Henry was thunderstruck.
“No no Marge, it has to be a Cub of some sort!”
He paused dramatically.
“I think it’s an Amphibian GG SCC!”
“Ha!”, Marge snorted.
HM

4 Likes

A big Thank You to all of you guys; the Savage Carbon is steadily approaching 5000 downloads, has an average rating of 5.0 :star: based on 31 reviews (unmatched so far) and is featured on the Daily and Weekly best pages. Cheers to all of you!

8 Likes

I love this mod!!! its now my go to bush plane! I love the Bush League Legends XCub but the Savage Carbon is my favorite over all!! I would love if it had a G3X like my real Cub, but I love it just the same! Speaking of… is there anyone out there that has the utilities to make a one off livery repaint? I would love a version that is painted to look like my real life Legend Cub! Can supply Pics!!

3 Likes

I had 5 stars until i pіssed a guy off lol :salt:

Keep up the good work

3 Likes