Update: Savage Carbon - STOL Realism Mod (v2.10 / Dec 27, 2022)

What I see different is the white arc extended lower to 30kts as a normal operating airspeed

2 Likes

I honestly see nothing other than the higher speed but im SUPER excited none the less

1 Like

Nice panel by the way, and the chrome/polished metal knobs as well! Found me a real nice burl wood sample and did a panel, but it’s a bit “Busy” I rather like this one… D##n Henry, your gonna have to ask Marg for some more donation funds as this guy’s quite busy!

1 Like

Thanks Zuke, I tried Honey Burlwood as well (and even got a VL3-915 cockpit that uses it…the Executive livery), looks classy, but: hard to find a highres texture and yes, it can look busy. Maybe in the near future, I love the texture of that wood!

The chrome took a bit of polishing for the screenshot…all those greasy fingers of mine…but yeah, loving it :slight_smile:

Hint on the ASI…check out the green guys.

1 Like

the VNO is 140? VS1, 35?

1 Like

You got it! Higher cruise speed. Not only that…it’s super easy to breach into yellow. Now…that leads us to the next question…WHAT the HECK is under the hood of this beast?!

My guess number 1 is a lycoming 360

1 Like

actually scratch that

1 Like

Could it be mildly Draco inspired?

2 Likes

I got curious and thru the BLL 215 HP in it and got those numbers so maybe it’s that… Watched a youtube video of what looked like a Savage on floats with a 300 HP in it, and that sucker was up and a way lick-ity-split!

2 Likes

Okay, so Rotax doesn’t make anything more powerful than the 915 which is in it now. It generates 141hp so since they make nothing more powerful, I believe its a Lycoming, they only make a select few engines for cub airplanes and based off that I’m guessing it is indeed one of the 320 series.

EDIT: Could be the 360 series but those seem to have a lot more horse power than what would generate the speeds shown in the photo

1 Like

Pretty sure that is what BLL’s 215 HP mod is based off of…

2 Likes

V6-logo

4 Likes

…and I just spent all day hard painting the EDGE Performance on all my Livery Mods as your auto one conflicted with a few, now I gotta add a V6 emblem!

2 Likes

On second thought, your earlier post would suggest a completely new Package under that Question Mark, HMMMMMM.

1 Like

Is it a lycoming or am I following a dead end?

1 Like

I had a nice moment yesterday, I was flying the Savage Carbon into one of the Bush League Legends add-on airstrips, and while I was parked off to the side looking at my LittleNavMap, another person in a Savage Carbon came in and landed! First time I have seen someone with a mod aircraft in multiplayer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uhm…sorry @zukemania1988 ? :slight_smile:

But it’ll still be Edge Performance for the Savage Carbon. The V6 is going into the mystery plane only.

1 Like

Nice! Also spotted more and more SC’s in the skies, especially in Alaska.

Probably wrong guess 2 is gonna be the Lycoming IO-540-K1G5

1 Like