Updated: Vertigo - Turbo Prop Racer (v2.00 / Dec 31)

Engine is dieing at aroud FL430 :joy: Funny thing…really! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Slippery little so and so to get down got it second time after a go around.
Brilliant a joy to fly.:grin::+1:

2 Likes

Mike Patey is this odd combination of professional, brilliant and slightly insane.

Here is a recent video on how he added NOS to his latest bush plane.

4 Likes

And that’s why the Savage Grravel has 90HP War Boost :wink:

Perfect, not enough oxygen to fire the turbine

1 Like

For real? How is that done?

Edit: okay I might have misunderstood. I guess you mean data from the real VL-3.

1 Like

oh my god!! I think this is my new favorite aircraft and it was free! YOU HAVE TO TRY THAT AIRCRAFT AT ALL COST!!! :smiley:

6 Likes

Looks like a hoot and I suppose it has basic autopilot function too. Bet it doesn’t have a great range, but with performance figures like that, who needs it? That should make your GPU sweat a little bit.

I stand corrected after re reading the thread. It does have some range to it. It’s not my style, but I have to have it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great job, I can only say it’s fantastic
Thank you very much for this great plane.

1 Like

If you read 1st post in this thread you’ll find a link to the Working Title G3X mod AP.
Put that in your Community folder.
Then read Support section in referenced post & go to the Got Gravel Discord Server, Vertigo FAQ & there is a section there on how to use the WT G3X AP.
It works well.
TG

2 Likes

I pulled this up for fun and I will say it is delightful! :slight_smile:

The engine is … very powerful for this size plane :wink: and it moves. Take-off was a little finicky because I throttled up much more than I needed to! Flew around San Francisco Bay at much faster than is legal at low altitude and pulled some wacky maneuvers. Definitely a fun one I’ll be taking out for a spin from time to time when I have a need for speed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your message, but I already have it.

1 Like

Thank you for this great Mod! :clap: :clap: :clap:
You guys bring a lot to the community, my respect for that, especially that the perfs and flight model are much better than many other paywares! :ok_hand:
So that it may be too demanding to ask or to request if it could be technically possible to add Flaps failure, engine failure in order to pay more attention to this beast and give to this bird more respect from the pilots and simmers! hhh

Again thank you very much for all the joy your birds/freeware provide to us! Very well done, inspiring and keep up the great work! Beautiful Skies Ahead!
Happy Flyings! :airplane: :partying_face: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you for your many kind words! Failures like that are not yet supported in MSFS by default although if you retract the gear too late it will be jammed. Hoping this will be possible too in the near future. I have already configured flap damage and blow-out speeds. Just need to wait for MSFS to do something spectacular with those :wink:

3 Likes

Tks a lot for your quick reply Captain! Oh good to know! … again, it’s full of inspiration in front on your side! Fully appreciated! Let’s hope that MFS2020 hear you as soon as possible!!!
Such a big time pleasure to fly that bird, she’s so sexy and so powerfull! On the other hand same pleasure to fly the Zlin Gravel! I’m now enjoying to fly around the area where I was training for my first licence (PPL) at LFPL (Lognes) and around LFPK, LFAI, LFPQ etc great memories from 2003! Of course despite of what the big speed we can reach I do respect the max speed in VFR, don’t get me wrong lol! But what a temptation to fly at 350kt at only 100 feet! hhh

Happy Landings Sir! :wink:

2 Likes

Well! What can you say? After a nice, soporific, pipe and slippers hour in the PA 28, I made the first classic error and sought out the Vertigo in the Propellor section of the sim and then remembered “PT 6” so headed off to the turboprop section and there it was. A beautiful little aircraft with one hell of a food processor attached to the front. I soon fathomed out the start up and headed for the runway. It is about the last point that I can reliably remember, to be honest.

Lined up and ready to go, already realising that my brakes might be a bit hot, I schnoodled in around 25% and had a pucker factor of at least a good nine, by the time that I eased the stick back slightly and then, oh my god…

I don’t feel like sleeping now and maybe even for days to come either.

It is witchcraft. Go and get it.

9 Likes

This is an AWESOME aircraft. Thank you for this. Also thanks for helping me on the fs.to regarding starting issue - yes, my fuel switch wasn’t in the correct position.

1 Like

Ah great glad that’s sorted :wink:

1 Like

@GotGravel is there a configuration item to start the plane in Both rather than draining from One Tank? Switching past L/R always hiccups the engine because we have to detent past Off. This would apply say for starting positions at the runway where the engine is already running. Thanks!

1 Like

Best you can do is use a keybind then for Both, slightly faster.

Other than that no, coding this thing is an absolute nightmare. Has taken me 12 hours plus to just get the Both added. Changing the order is next to impossible due to bugs in MSFS’s autostart feature.

But, at least we now got a “Both” option! Was so worth the effort :slight_smile:

5 Likes