Updated: Vertigo - Turbo Prop Racer (v2.00 / Dec 31)

VERTIGO PROMO VIDEO

4 Likes

The first update for Vertigo, v1.0.1, is already in the works. Check the Got Gravel Discord Server for various sneak peaks. Or to contribute ideas or voice your wishes.

Changes so far:

• Landing light beam tweaked to be even more authentic. Tweaked range, beam and volumetric effect
  • Taxi lights added (left + right beams), gated to Landing Light switch
  • All external white lights changed to Aviation-White
  • Low fuel light (left / right) warning changed from 2 gal to 10 gal
  • Flap 2 changed from 37 to 38 degrees (matches tooltip)
  • More Yaw momentum to counter weathervaning, crosswind and tail wagging
  • Updated seats for all liveries
  • 3 New “touring” liveries (no race numbers): Luxor, Dorado and Matador
11 Likes

This plane is awesome!!. Great work. If you can change the exhaust make it nose like a TBM more it would give a great outside turbo prop look. Well done.

2 Likes

“Henry!!”
Henry was so startled he nearly fell off the throne.
“What Marge?”, he called through the bathroom door.
“Henry, he’s changing it already!”
“What Marge?”
“Vertigo!, the Toilet Paper Racer!”
"Marge!’ Henry laughed heartily, “Turbo Prop Racer”!
Marge sniffed.
“Not when I fly it!”, she muttered quietly.
Henry emerged somewhat ashen at having been disturbed whilst reading the racing pages.
He perused the proposed spec changes & pondered.
“You know Marge, I think Gravel Rash has Luminaires Disease!”
A long pause ensued during which Marge sipped noisily on her cup of Earl Grey tea.
Finally she relented. “What’s that Henry?”, [She hated to acknowledge she didn’t know something]
“An obsession with lighting. They are constantly tweaking amps & changing bulbs!”
“Oh!”, Marge exclaimed, “Is it, you know, terminal, Henry?”
“Not unless they start sticking screwdrivers in power outlets, no!”, he replied.
There was another long pause.
“Henry!”
“What?”, Henry replied suspiciously, Marge was using her chocolate box voice.
“Do you think Gravel Rash would make a custom livery for me called ‘H&M’, Something nice in the colors of the British flag?”
Henry sniffed.
“I could hit the bright green one in the hangar with some spray cans if you like!”, he offered.
“Not to ruffle feathers dearest, but I think GR would do a much better job!”
Henry looked miffed & departed for the garden shed where he could read the racing pages in peace & quiet.
H&M
:smiley:

7 Likes

Toilet Paper Racer? Another brilliant essay! :rofl:

2 Likes

You may add this to the v1.01 list … upgraded systems panel with:

1. G-Force gauge!
  2. Oil PSI
  3. Oil Temp

In order to make space for this some existing gauges have changed to horizontal format.

As for the G-Force gauge: Yellow is exceeding limits for a trained human (+9 / -3), red is Vertigo’s structural limit (+15 / -8).
Always good to know your aircraft can take more than you can.

UPDATE: G-Force indicator now displays with 1 decimal of precision (not shown in screenshot).

7 Likes

More v1.01 previews. One of the 3 new grand-tour liveries, “Matador”. No racing numbers for these 3!

Matador will be in metallic finish.

10 Likes

And another … “Dorado”, in demi-metallic.

4 Likes

And Luxor. Default white & finish.

10 Likes

Another amazing creation from GotGravel! Where the Savage Grravel has been my Swiss Army knife, a rugged tool able to take me anywhere, the Vertigo is my Swiss Army stiletto, coupling STOL with speed, sophistication, and comfort.

4 Likes

What a fantastic aeroplane, slash rocket!

I wanted to ask something that I am sure will have already been mentioned.

To increase the believability of this beauty, I’d love to see some P&W PT-6 style exhausts fitted, one each side of the cowling.

If actual physical exhausts can’t be added to the model, could shorter, stubbier exhausts somehow be drawn on, perhaps with bump mapping?

1 Like

Thank you!

I wish that too (very much actually) but that’s 3D work and will take a lot, really a lot, of time (100 hours or so at least, there’s a lot involved here). I can’t afford that to be honest, no exhaust pipe is worth that. Especially for a free plane. So any 3D request is unfortunately a no-go. Same goes for any physical changes in the cockpit.

The current state of the SDK (terrible describes it pretty well) and lack of documentation too don’t help. Also the reason why a number of well-known developers are holding back for now with their MSFS work. Development costs way too much time and is therefor too costly.

Instead I put all my available time into things that make a difference and help build a great experience everyone can enjoy: top flight model, accurate engine, authentic lights, full electrical simulation, functional cockpit and a bunch of cool liveries.

Interesting idea though on the multiple smaller, stubbier, bump-mapped exhausts.

Hope that answers your question a bit, although it’s not giving you the big fat smoking exhaust pipes we all want :wink:

6 Likes

It’s a wonderful creation as it is, thank you for your reply, I totally understand.

Thank you again!

1 Like

I dont know squat about 3d modelings, but i guess you could not take the pipes from the TBM and copy/paste them(with some fitting) into it?

1 Like

Nope you can’t :wink:

1 Like

Want?

18 Likes

I just took this for a spin around the Mach Loop in Wales

Great fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Personal comment:

Not news to some here, but for new “owners” like myself, 60 percent torque at FL310 gives you maximum speed just under the barberpole for when you absolutely positively have to burn the JP and get there.

6 Likes

It’s quite fun albeit a bit twitchy

1 Like

I watch all of his videos. He is certainly an aviation rev head.
Love his stuff

1 Like