Upgrade from game pass standard to premium deluxe

Hi there, I’m currently running the standard game pass edition of the game, and I’ve noticed that there’s an upgrade to premium deluxe available for a discount ($150 AUD vs 180 without gamepass), if i purchase this, will the game be mine to keep permanently? Or will i need to continue to pay game pass to allow access to the discounted premium deluxe edition?

4 Likes

I would like to know the same, there are 3 upgrade versions, deluxe, premium delux and premium.
the premium is the most expensive but gives you what the deluxe upgrade does.
So i’m confused, if i buy the premium deluxe upgrade, do i get to keep the whole game or have to keep paying the game pass to play?

2 Likes

I want to know as well. I can’t see the difference between “deluxe premium” and “premium.” Other than the price.

No idea, but I’m only of Game pass to use it as a demo of the sim. I’m sure I’ll buy it, but I’ll do so on Steam since everything else is there. I’ll lose all my settings and flight log, but that’s fine. I just like to keep things in one place. If you’re not an active subscriber, that could be an option for you as well? Just the horrible, horrible installation is not something I want to do again. Ugh.

FYI extra planes in premium deluxe edition…Laurie

I’m also interested, if the game remains playable after canceling the game pass.

By the way, there is a little error in pricing:
Deluxe: 79,99€
Premium: 99,99€
Deluxe Premium: 84,99€

I think Premium should be 84,99€ and Deluxe Premium should be 99,99€

Deluxe Premium = 10 Aircrafts, 10 Airports
Premium = 5 Aircrafts, 5 Airports
Deluxe = 5 Aircrafts, 5 Airports (different 5 then Premium of course)

2 Likes

This is what is so darned confusing about these. Deluxe Premium gives you the planes of Deluxe and Premium all for a lower price than Premium? Makes no sense.

1 Like

I’m after the same information. The market place is far from clear but I suspect this is just the upgrade price for xbox game pass users and if you are not subscribing you will not have access to it. My plan is to ditch the game pass and just purchase outright depending on how the Xbox version is handled when it is released.

I’d like to see clarification on this as well!

anyone know where to reach out to the staff with this? I’d like a concrete answer before I spend my money on one of them

I can now say that if you have the XBox Game Pass, and purchase the “Premium Deluxe” bundle (US$85) you get all of the content.

When I check the Marketplace now, it shows “Owned” for all of the bundles:

Unfortunately, I don’t know what happens if you buy Deluxe first. If that discounts the Premium Bundle or not.

1 Like

do you know if you’ll get to keep it permanently or if you’ll need to keep paying game pass?

This is what Microsoft need to confirm. Are there no staff viewing this that can confirm?

ahahhaha so frustrating, need to get some clarification on this. If one of you staff responds, you can say you just essentially sold another copy single handedly because I WILL go and buy the premium deluxe upgrade as soon as this is confirmed

Unfortunately this will require someone at MS to verify. My game pass doesn’t expire until next summer, although I’ll likely keep it anyway.

So Premium Deluxe is cheaper than Premium? And it is confirmed that it contains both standalone premium and standalone deluxe content?
Also if that is the case and with 4€/$/month you even out in about ~8 months and three weeks. Now if we decide to cancel XBOX for PC pass at any time can we keep the content or at least pay the difference or will we need to pay the full price? This thread should be sticky from mods. I am bookmarking it.

I got confirmation from support that you don’t lose the upgrade if you cancel games pass subscription. Others also got the same response.

I’d assume you’d still need game pass. I think if on the Microsoft store you select which version you want and then check the Price I think it will be more expensive because it will fully include the game. Ie you own it. However If the price to purchase the next version ie deluxe, premium etc is the same as the buy option on the store then I guess it would include the game. :man_shrugging:

This was the conversation with support. I have the email transcript in case there are any issues:

[08/22/2020 10:56:47]Customer:Hi, I currently have Xbox game pass subscription on PC. I’m considering the upgrade to premium deluxe in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. If I purchase this as an in gameupgrade, would I retain the full game if I cancel my Xbox games pass subscription?

[08/22/2020 10:58:12]ADVOCATE:Toanswer your question, if you will purchase the Deluxe Edition, then yes, you should be able to keep the game even without Game Pass, and your progress will be carried over as well. How’s that sound?

Oh cool, but did they say if you’d need to purchase the standard edition to go with the upgrade, since your gamepass expired and that’s where you bought your standard edition from?