Upvoting for removing 'Press Any Key to Start'

“any key” is located everywhere on yours keyboard and joystick :wink:

Sadly this doesn’t work for windows store version, there is no possibility to add launch parameter.

I found info that below should work:
Right click on desktop and go to New > Shortcut and enter the following
cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App “-FastLaunch”

what’s about rudder pedals? :upside_down_face:

I guess that only buttons will work and not axis. But somebody should check this :wink:

Very good point. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Tried, doesn’t work. It does not recognize the fastlaunch for some reason. Well hopefully we get rid off the any button thing anyway.

Strange. I just asked my friend to test it and he is saying this is working with MS store version, he is not seeing Asobo/Blackshark/Wwise logos anymore. Did you use normal quotation marks? Sometimes copy/paste from different sources is replacing those characters with something similar but different (different character code).

They don’t even have to remove it completely, just rearrange it so the loading occurs BEFORE the “Press Start” splash screen.

Mine didn’t work either with the quotes around the -FastLaunch, but it did work when I removed them…thanks!

I find that the power button gets the “Press Any Key” screen off of my monitor!

and how interesting is that… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

you need tp paste it as :C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App "-FastLaunch"

This does avoid the splash screens but you still have to click on start…
You can use this site
https://icoconvert.com/
to make an icon… I just used a FS logo from internet and you can upload it convert it and download and put it in your pictures and it will have the icon attributes so you can use it.

My 2 cents

BobM.

Would you explain this power button business…please…

Thanks,
BobM.

At least it’s not “Hit any key”. Broken a few keyboards in the past by following instructions in software.

My 2 cent were enter to the Survey too :wink:

If you get no response to “Press Any Key to Start” try clicking on the screen with the mouse cursor. Usually works.

that’s some L337 votes

What’s the purpose of this screen? To annoy player?

Can you post a link to this survey?