USA World update detailed: Airports are Atlanta (KATL), Friday Harbor Airport (KFHR), Dallas/Fort Worth (KDFW), and New York Steward (KSWF)

I rewound the part where he was saying this 3 times and still couldn’t work out what he meant by DEM! This answers that, thanks!

1 Like

I found myself wondering why a lot of us here, and even Asobo on the Q&A, were calling it the “USA” update. My recollection of the trailer clearly included places in Canada and Mexico getting some love also. Wasn’t it called somehere offical the “North America” World Update?

Please let me know, kindly, if I am living in a fantasy land!

Redeye

That’s great news! I haven’t had a chance to watch yet. Thanks for the info.

The update has always been about the USA. The trailer is separate, and is about the current depiction of North America in the sim, not about the world update.

1 Like

Thanks, Abriael. Consider me back on the straight-and-narrow.

1 Like

1 Meter terrain mesh resolution :exploding_head:

Hopefully they figure a way to make near vertical terrain surfaces texture map better. I think the elevation resolution will help that somewhat but I guess imagery resolution is the only solution to the stretched textures.

But 1 meter resolution is pretty incredible, I wonder what kind of performance hit that will have on some areas if terrain mesh is maxed out.

1 Like

The only solution for vertical terrain is photogrammetry. Better resolution of satellite imagery will help very little.

Can you source this? I am not disbelieving, but would love to read some more details from the source.

Edit: Found it here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/784582715

Wait and see!Thank at you

VERY THANKFUL ASOBO for DFW Airport. THank you!!!

1 Like

One question remains.

Will Monument Valley look good now? Especially Utah monuments. They look awful now.

1 Like

KDFW is my favorite airport thank you ASOBO!

It looks amazing and is fun, but SoCal photogram is about 8 years old so I hope someone updates it sometime. Not as big of a priority as adding Dallas, DC, or Anchorage. My workplace is still under construction in the game and the area looks much different so I would pay for an update. Lot of people live in SoCal so hope Asobo updates it, if not a 3rd party would be fine.

I just spotted on in the market place for KATL. I was thinking about getting it but maybe I should wait for the next update if they update this airport.

Odd…mine look fine…

Okaaayyy…this “may” be a freeware mod if you search the internet. :wink:

I really hope they’ll fix the textures in the Grand Canyon.

2 Likes

Yeah…that would be a big project for a freeware modder…let’s hope the US update addresses it…one of the premier stops in any simmers’ tour.

2 Likes

Swf is a strange choice.