Using MS REWARD POINTS to download add-on from the MARKETPLACE... Is it possible?

Hello everyone!
Today I noticed that I have about 32000 reward points from Microsoft… I was wondering if would be possible to redeem 3 Microsoft gift card by 10 €; to purchase an add-on from the msfs marketplace. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Filippo

Hi Filippo!
I have used these rewards :wink:

What you have to do is use the rewards to get a MS Gift Card. For this to work, your MS Reward account must be the same as your MS/Xbox account associated with MSFS and MSFS must be bought from MS. When you redeem the gift card, that credit is put into that account and can be used for any purchases. When you buy something from the marketplace, those credits are used first. If there’s not enough to cover, it will then prompt for any additional payment.

2 Likes

Many thanks mate! I’m gonna wait the PMDG 737, then i redeem it!
See you in clouds! :blush:

1 Like

Microsoft Rewards also allows for the option to automatically redeem a certain amount of points (around 8000, I think?) for a $10 MS gift card on the first of every month. You can either spend them or let them accumulate. They are redeemed only if there are enough points to cover it. Any gift cards will show in the Marketplace when you check out, with remaining balances applied to your regular payment method.

I did this and it is not advised - rewards gift cards expire after 3 months, so wait till you want something and then redeem the cards. I once let them build up this way and I ended up loosing 20 quid in points when it came to buying something.

In the UK it’s 5 pound gift cards that can be “auto redeemed”.

Yes you can, but if I remember correctly, only with Microsoft Store version (or Xbox version), not with Steam.

Auto redeemed in “Euro-zone” is 5€ for 4500 pts (instead of 4650 pts).

Between Reward and Gamepass Quest, easy 10€ per month ^^

Yes I used MS Rewards to upgrade my Base Sim to Premium for free :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Philippe. I have 4500 points is that enough to purchase the HJet?
Also never have used Game Pass!
Thank you.

Rich

Do you get points with the purchases made on MSFS Marketplace or they must be purchases made on MS Store directly (so other items outside game´s Marketplace)?

Cheers

As far as I know, no.

For information about how to gain points: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/rewards

1 Like

I cash out rewards points and buy planes all the time