Using multiple throttle quadrants

Hey guys: I just purchased a second Saitek throttle quadrant to add a little bit for my older prop liners (JU52, DC6…etc.). I thought that I could assign each engine to it’s own throttle and then just use the other quadrant for the prop, mixture and such. I am finding it pretty much impossible to assign anything to the second quadrant. It seems to just mirror what I assigned to the first. The first quadrant came with my Saitek Yoke system and plugs readily into the back of it. The second quadrant can plug into the yoke via USB but it doesn’t matter where I plug it, it doesn’t show up in the settings menus. It works and controls exactly what the first quadrant does, I just cannot create assignments for it.
Is this just not possible?

Thanks!

Hi,

I routinely use two Saitek quadrants flying the DC6 exactly as you describe and have actually had three connected at the same time. I run mine through a powered USB hub (along with a Honeycomb Yoke and a set of pedals).

I haven’t had any issues assigning control axes to the throttles independently. Each throttle obviously needs it’s own profile and the trickiest bit I find is getting them in the right ‘order’ (i.e. making sure the left quadrant has the assignments it’s supposed to … for the DC6 I have a profile with throttles 1-3 for the ‘left’ set, and another profile for throttle 4 and propeller control on the ‘right’).

So I can confirm that it is possible to run multiple quadrants. Main difference with what I’m doing is having each controller independently set up as a USB device. Good luck!

I had that issue with FSX and that yoke/quad + a usb quad many years ago. Trying to remember what or if I was able to remedy that.
The issue back then was that the yoke/quad combo is not recognized as a separate quad and settings for it where under the yoke. How does it show up in your controller settings?

You could try a new custom Yoke and set it up from scratch. If I remember my work around, I’ll letcha know asap!

Now I use 2 saitek quads ( both usb type ) for a 2 engine setup. No problem using two or more.
For that setup:
-Make a custom profile for each one ( you must do this using two or more), Name it something like Q1, Q2 ( anything to help remember which one is which ) and save it. Now unassign all of the preset mappings and save it again. Double check you’ve removed them all.
-Go ahead and set your axis and buttons as desired.

I usually do a couple, then hit save. It makes it easier to fix if I mess up one setting. Don’t need to start from scratch again.

I think you’ll find your solution in this topic:

1 Like

I will check into all of your very helpful replies and get back to the thread. The 2nd throttle quad doesn’t even show up in the manager at all but both seem the be sending a signal to MSFS as either can control things. It seems like MFSF won’t separate them.
I will get back as soon as I check into your responses.

Thanks guys.

Topic moved into #self-service:peripherals and tagged #saitek