V2 UPDATE released! LATEST BN2 Islander available now from Blackbox Simulation

hehe thanks :slight_smile:

So is this being released today or not, because so far it would appear ā€˜notā€™.

Yesterday you told another poster here - quite unambiguously - that ā€˜it should beā€™ released yesterday. Your website is just as opaque. I slept on that, seeing nothing appear from Blackbox all day. Woke up this morning: still nothing. sigh

Suggest you donā€™t post here raising peopleā€™s expectations if youā€™re not willing or able to deliver. In that scenario, nobody wins.

While I agree with the general notion of what youā€™re trying to say, I believe it could have been said less aggressively and with a little less entitlement. Itā€™s really sad to see how impolite people are online compared to what they most likely would say to someone face to face.

16 Likes

I disagree. I think I was polite, if clearly a little irritated. And I wouldnā€™t be irritated if I didnā€™t care. Blackbox has shown with the ā€˜Bird Dogā€™ that they are a quality developer. Iā€™m excited for the Islander, like many here. Better to keep your powder dry until you can pull back the curtain and produce the goods. Everything else is really wasting peopleā€™s time and playing with their expectations.

And, yes, I know there are slightly more important things going on in everybodyā€™s world, right now.

1 Like

Damned if you do, damned if you donā€™t! Some developers get a hard time for no communication, others get a hard time because they do and something slips. So what if it didnā€™t make it yesterday, is it really such an issue? We know it will be released very soon, probably within hours. Iā€™m sure we all have things we can do in the meantime and it will be here before we know it.

7 Likes

Iā€™m afraid I disagree - the devs made it clear in their post that they were hoping it would go live unless there was a ā€œmajor hiccupā€ - nothing was stated as a sure thing or guaranteed.

And quite rightly so - everything they say was caveated because this is the real world and things go wrong, especially with software and the web.

7 Likes

It will be done when itā€™s done. Plenty of other things to get on with in the mean time. ā€œIt should beā€ is not the same as ā€œIt will beā€. Patience is a virtue.

4 Likes

will you PLEASE Have a little patience ??
The release is In Progress and will be live just as soon as it is finished
I will continue to post here ā€¦ To INFORM ā€¦
If your expectations are raised by some perceived promise or guarantee then I apologize for any misinformation I make have hinted at

15 Likes

Thanks NightMercury358 both for the BN-2 and you involvement, let alone maintaining
a sense of humor.

3 Likes

In the meantime, we can already start to rush BostonJeremy77 to to his review! :wink:

3 Likes

Text based reviews will be much quicker to do than videos, but I do look forward to seeing it flying, not reading how it flew.

1 Like

Will it come with a paintkit?

simple answer No ā€¦
will there be a Separate downloadable Paintkit ā€¦ Yes
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks. Can you share a link when it is available please?

is it coming today ?

1 Like

but of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

there is no GUARANTEE, PROMISE or CONTRACT That it will coming today . .
However we are making ALL Efforts to make this so and will announce it clearly the moment it happens

8 Likes

Take your time! I had enough beta testing since release of MSFS (or actually even before in the Alphaā€¦ :smiley: ). A release that just works ā€œas isā€ would be much appreciatedā€¦

1 Like

great news

Take your time time.If it comes out till end of week it will be worth the wait.

2 Likes