Various WASM aircraft not working with 1.37.15

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Third party contents making use of WASM systematically display the “missing additional content” error

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Third party airplanes such as Comanche 250 or the new Tomahawk once selected report the “missing additional conten” error. The flight can still start, but some features are missing (tablets, switches or controls not working, etc.)

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

On Xbox

Are you using DLSS?

On Xbox

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

I’ve seen that many users can’t use planes like the 737 pmdg, it keeps saying to close the game install additional content and restart, however no update for any additional content is present, I hope the team fixes these with an update by today…

4 Likes

We don’t know what Microsoft changed in this beta, so we also don’t know what to ‘fix’. This is one of the disadvantages of using a beta version. I never understood what so many simmers jump on every beta.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

2 Likes

Because everything went very well until this new update. Better than any official version before. I was able to fly absolutely smoothly with Beta 15.13 and without CTDs or black screens. Use airports without any problems that I have never been able to use before and had functioning LIve traffic. Many users wanted to have the same experience. As with the last Beta 15.13, I have never been able to fly on Xbox. Now with the update, everything is broken.

7 Likes

Folks,

Asobo responded my ticket this morning, they now understand the problem and the cause of the issue, patience now, they are probably scheduling the best way to publish the fix.

Best,

Raul
CEO
FSreborn

10 Likes

Thanks Raul!

I think on Xbox it’s because the last couple of releases seem to have been inherently unstable and there was hope that SU 15 would address this. As others have said, the initial beta builds have been great improvements for the Xbox pilots. I think the reports encouraged plenty to join. In my case, additionally the extraordinarily slow download speeds in Content Manager mean that WU and SU release days are a lottery so best to already have the latest build installed.

But we hadn’t reckoned with MSFS QA. They really ought to get out and purchase COTS Xboxes and try their “improvements” out in real life before releasing.

As you say it is impossible for devs to work out where trouble lies in these beta releases, so if we do decide to participate in the beta - especially given the evident Asobo/MS problems mirroring Xbox performance, we must accept that we do this at our own risk. My 737 is broken but it is my fault for taking the risk and the obvious fix for all of us with the problem is to exit the beta - or we wait for a fix to appear from Asobo.

I won’t be participating in any more betas, given this latest experience. It’s just not worth the trouble.

Thank you Raul,

I hope that Asobo will provide a solution today. I don’t want to go back to the official SU 14, which has only caused problems. I prefer to wait for a solution for the current beta 15.15.

1 Like

I think it’s worth the effort. I couldn’t fly at all with the official SU 14 because of black screens.

1 Like

But if the issue lies in the WASM module, and unless it’s broken communication caused by the latest update build, you’d still have WASM issues on 14.

Recommend sitting in the “holding pattern” and wait for Asobo to publish a hotfix.

1 Like

Fair comment… like I said SUs 13 and 14 have been very unstable and this beta to now has seriously improved things - so it’s very very tempting but always the risk is there. For me this is my last beta though…

You are right…. Just drink loads of tea and read my Biggles books instead ( or Handling the Big Jets)

Any description of the nature of the issue?

Either way, it’s the last beta for this year. Msfs 2020 ends with the official SU15.

1 Like

Nope, just what I shared… that’s all I got…

R.

2 Likes

New build incoming… the Steam page is a good predictor

4 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

All payware planes PMDG 737, A300, Ph100, Citation Mustang,

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

none Xbox X
Are you using DLSS?

no
If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Is there any news on a fix for this issue without reverting back to su14?

Yes.

How about some ideas of when it might be fixed? I don’t know whether to wait it out or leave the beta. Got a CFI friend coming over tomorrow to check out the sim.

1 Like