Varjo XR-4 Announced

Varjo just upped the top end again: Varjo XR-4 Series – Industrial-grade Professional XR Headsets

It looks like the very best option as of now, and it is available for individuals without a subscription (albeit at a very high price). With its crazy resolution, though, we’ll definitely need quad view support! Here’s the wishlist item for that:

1 Like

On their website they are not currently selling the XR-4 to individuals, only to organizations.

you can make an order like individuals… just chcecked

Yeah, you can order it as an individual without a subscription, but at $6,600 Aussie dollars it’s beyond my budget.

Steve has just put out a video on it today and will be testing a sample soon:

NEXT GEN VARJO XR-4 IS HERE! THE NEW KING OF CLARITY?

You checked where? Varjo.com is only letting me order Aero.

Varjo XR-4. That’s what FSVR needs. Unfortunately at a price of over £3,000 in the UK, very few FSVR players will be able to afford it, including me. And besides you need a powerful PC and a RTX4090 to use it. Thousands of pounds of equipment. That money for the Varjo only could buy several REAL flying lessons (about 12 to 14), at your local Aerodrome at about £225 to £250 a 1 hour lesson! I have had one flying lesson. I will just stick to my Pico 4. Good performance and reasonably clear.

They will soon though, you can join a wait list. Apparently shipping this year already.

Shame they don’t offer a VR-only version at reduced price. A lot of people don’t care too much about XR. But they are focused on enterprise, fair game!

Hopefully Somnium VR1 will be as epic as advertised and a lot more affordable.

1 Like

I thought there would be more buzz about this headset, but the price probably squashed a lot of people’s enthusiasm.
I am not expecting much from the Somnium headset. Base stations? Really? Everyone is shifting away from that. And the only reason for the base stations is that Qualcomm would not sell them the inside-out tracking hardware. Honestly I believe that the Somnium will not be good. Look how long it took Pimax to put out something reasonable, and even that is still half broken or completely for some.
Where am I putting my money? On Pico. The 5 ProMax is looking to be the ultimate simmer headset and Pico have proven that they make successful quality headsets. Not having a DP cable on the Pico 4 was a big mistake in my view.

1 Like

Yeah the Basestation requirement is not ideal but I already have one so I don’t mind.

Pico5 ProMax? Yeah that sounded good on paper but that “leak” was shown to be a fake. So it most likely doesn’t exist. Also, Pico is firing people left and right. Wouldn’t expect too much from them, if anything.

1 Like

Will it require their commercial subscription? If so, I believe that is $1500 a year and their minimum is 1 year!

No subscription

1 Like