VATSIM / IVAO / LNM etc ALL need their SimConnect injected aircraft to show labels

Keep up the voting everyone! Hope Asobo sees and fixes this possibly easy issue.

1 Like

I have voted, I was online last night with the my air virtual group and we had FSX, P3d, Xplane and myself on msfs2020 in vr and it was really cool. I love joinfs which uses sim connect injection. However, a couple of things I couldn’t see anyone on the native msfs2020 vfr map or on tcas so I had to keeping looking out for them and relying on ATC to advise me of traffic. It would be great to see the names and on msfs2020 tcas. Especially as I fly in vr and don’t won’t to use any other map. Although I can second that LNM is very good. I just want to look on my mfd and see aircraft like vatsim.

2 Likes

@N6722C Could we help get some visibility on this by adding something like “(VATSIM/IVAO nameplates for online aircraft)” to the title? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Done — it was brought up by @Jummivana to day in the Q&A, and apparently Asobo did not realize it was an issue.

2 Likes

Thanks! I almost wonder if it’s the sort of thing that needs to be posted as a deficiency, as an actual issue or bug report for it to pop up on the radar, but here’s hoping we’ll get enough votes to get it through.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, shooting this up to the devs as discussed in the Q&A today!

4 Likes

Thanks @Jummivana – this will make a lot of Vatsim / IVAO / LNM / JoinFs etc Devs & user really happy to see this Simconnect functionality added …

3 Likes

Thankyou @Jummivana ! I was praying to hear something and surprised I did! Thanks for listening and I hope this can be pushed forward as many of us are looking for this feature.
If anyone want’s to see the video:

2 Likes

What surprised me more was the total look of wilderness, and Jorg saying he knew nothing about it being an issue, and the blank look from the Asobo team.

But hopefully now, thanks to @Jummivana , it will get the visibility it needs, and can easily and painlessly be added. Its not as if its 100% a new idea - The Multiplayer Planes already have labels - so its just a question of adding that to be supported to Simconnect.

Having @Jummivana actively flying with the community and interacting on Twitch with her flying lessons and group flights, and experiencing what the community sees, adds so much to what can be fed back to the Asobo Devs.

3 Likes

At least it is finally brought up.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/multiplayer-nametag-speed-altitude-for-ivao-vatsim-planes/229345

Hopefully Asobo implements a fix that cover’s all third party programs like how it was in FSX by default!

I was planning to make a thread about this, but I was unaware that the traffic was injected by SmConnect, good to know!

I’m a little unfamiliar with SimConnect. Does it support the transfer of this “extra” information, such as callsigns, aircraft types and such? If it already does, then this should be a very easy addition, probably?

It can/did in FSX, etc. I am not sure what they added or removed, but the multiplayer developers have told me that they can’t push it into the sim. I am assuming because the new name tag system is probably separate, the old one might be turned off, and the new one is likely just using the Xbox live services, etc to push things in. I was hoping we would have more functionality in this new sim not less. However I am liking where this simulator is going, it has been shaping up quite nicely lately.

@Jummivana Do we have any updates on this? Is the Dev team going to be working on this in the near future? Not looking for the most detailed information, but it would be great to know to look out for this so when it is released, I can get the developers to start working with it ASAP. Thanks!

Just to make it 100% clear, when you say the “Multiplayer developers”, you do not means Asobo, but rather mean the developers of products like Vatsim, who , despite having the information they would like to appear in an Aircraft label, are unable to use sim-connect, to inject that information into the sim, to appear as a plane’s planes label.
(or LNM that would like to READ that MSFS Multiplayer X-BOX label, from the sim, to present within their application)

They would be injecting their own labels form their network, (ie a Call-sign etc) rather than the MSFS Multiplayer labels, that are the Players X-Box names. (MSFS Multiplayer being turned OFF )

Yes please, this is a sorely needed QoL feature for those flying with online ATC services.

How is this request contributing to realism? Last time I looked up in the sky the airplanes didn’t have tags flying above them.

It’s an optional feature that you can disable, but some people like it.

1 Like

Yes, but wouldn’t it cool if they did, telling you where they were going, how high & how fast.

And we are not far way from that … a little " Superimposed Virtual Reality / Augmented reality*. and you will soon be able to see all sorts of additional information about the objects you are viewing in real life – once everyone is an open book, and there are no more resistance to No-Privacy.

It’s actually here already !!

Talk about INFORMATION OVERLOAD … the world will never have enough Shrinks !!

1 Like

Whatever the case may be, the labels should be redesigned, they are large and disturb the observer. In my opinion, doing something FSX-style would not be bad.