VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

thanks… so we can have a discussion and I can add comments which may be helpfull or you just already knew.

What we can do here is only try to find possible settings… we never can find issues in code, this must do the developers and therefore the questions like “have you tried” also in case there is seemingly nothing changed on your system side ( if we ignore e.g. these million windows updates ).

The lib version we have mainly no longer in main-focus, in special because MS-Store users get this from ‘internal’ , only Steam users seems to use the system wide lib. But re-install is still on the list to be sure. I also shown here a possible way how to find out which one is used.

The old Azure issues ( ATC voice ) seems no longer cause issues… may be some traffice stuff. Of course nobody can be sure, but e.g. the latest server issue related to this shown us, that the app seems stable related to this: it not crashed.

I read no bad things about the latest 466.11 nvidia driver and it runs fine in my case. And if you not use HAGS, then I assume no issue from this side… but may be depends on GPU model… there are huge diffs in the graphic-cards models related to issues ( 10xx, 20xx, 30xx ). More strange is the last windows update, but I assume we can ignore this here.

We have some experiance with pre-configured systems which are running fine in normal usage or for ‘usual games’ , but crashing with MSFS. Often the power-supply was the “bad boy” and game runs fine after users replaced it. One, or two times the GPU was defect and we had also cases with defect memory sticks. But that we can exclude all these, we asking for disabling the overclocking and run a test-case without any overclocking ( store the current setting in BIOS into a profile , then you can restore ). The worst experiance we have with overclocking of graphics-cards.

But sometime the app crash also because of the connected usb devices. But normaly with another error message as the “VCRunt…dll”. Similar to errors which some users get if they use memory overclocking with xmp profiles and others…

In special if you mention that “The game crashes, 100% of the time.” and if we assume you get not allways the VCRUNTIME140.dll Error (then it is a other story) , my first guess would be in meanwhile the windows virtual memory (pagefile). That this comes of top started more with a 1.11, or 1.12… They get normaly a 8000003 or a 0000005. Affected are mostly the users with 16GIG RAM, but also owner of 32GIG RAM run into these issue. Therefore the question about your system specs…

May be you can recheck the windows event log whether you still get the VCRUNTIME140.dll Error.

We here, the community, find of course not allways a solution. But we can try it and thats why we asking. But users have to allow it, or say directly that they just want to report without any discussion ( in this case is ZenDesk much more important ). If we would do same as Gsx31 (or also bit you) and we say allways “the game is the bug” , we had never can find all these settings with which help a lot of users can play MSFS without any kind of problems. Sometime of course we not find the issue.

1 Like