Vegas -> Grand Canyon -> Page with C172

My plan today is to reproduce a flight I make whenever I have to join Las Vegas to Page, then mostly to fly to Monument Valley but this is another story. I take the C172 classic/analog with the great N4975F texture replica of a Plus One Flyer club plane based at San Diego. Las Vegas scenery is from Flytampa. All the rest is stock from MSFS. As usual, I connected my Foreflight tablet app to my sim. Looking at the sunset time at Page, my destination, I choose accordingly my departure time. My plan is to reach the lake Powell with hot colors.

The route is simple KLAS BLD HooverDam then the Fossil Corridor to go through the free flights zone of Grand Canyon SFRA:

As a backup I enter the “route” in the GNS530 (mod “pms50-gns530”)

Runways 8 are in use. I started from Signature FBO but I turned on the other/wrong right and headed to the 19’s by mistake :wink: MSFS is a great training tool :wink:

The awesome rendition of Las Vegas strip by Flytampa

Finally, I make a 180 and headed to the correct direction…

Holding short 8L:

Foreflight receives XmapSy 3.1 trafic data’s and displays it on the ground chart:

Is that enough for my tiny C172? :wink: :

Initial climb, looking at tubeliner’s terminal:

Awesome rendition of McCarran:

Leaving Las Vegas:

11’500 ft is the minimum altitude for the VFR corridor into the Grand Canyon SFRA and Foreflight advises me to climb as much as possible to benefit from tailwinds. But for now, I’m vector into the Bravo :wink:

Overflying Hooverdam…

… and passing by Grand Canyon west airport:

SFRA over Grand Canyon forces up to go thru VFR corridor needs at assigned altitude:

The timing seems to be perfect for cool shots:

Before reaching the Marble Canyon then Page, I reached this green plateau

Entering the Marble Canyon, I’ve started my descend

Descending to Pag and letting Marble canyon airport at my left wing. Not enough fuel for a stop & go. Next time soon.

Horseshoe with a decreasing light. Better come sooner there next time :wink: :

High left base 33 at Page (KPGA)

Turning final 33

Short final 33

Parked at Classic Aviation FBO

12 Likes

Absolutely stunning nice to see a professional flying in the sim

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words :wink: I’m an old simmer and not so young only private pilot… And I love flying in this area.

You are very welcome. Thank you for taking the time to compile the screenshots etc.

Best wishes from the UK

1 Like