Very big and strong lights

Dear friends.

Looking at photos and videos of other simers I started to notice that the lights in my simulator are bigger and stronger. I’ve tried to change this both in the GPU driver and in the Simulator itself, without success. Could someone tell me where I should adjust this?

Thanks in advance.

How do you get those? Mine are small and dim.

I want to decrease and you want to increase, is that it??!! Let’s change??
:joy: :joy: :joy:

Have you tried turning BLOOM off in options? It is way overdone and seems worse post SU5

Do you have an ultrawide monitor, or are you using multiple monitors in a single-desktop configuration? If so, you’re encountering a known issue that point light sources are scaled according to the whole field of view, not to any particular physical size.

On 16:9 aspect ratio they will be one size, while at 21:9 or 32:9 or greater they will get progressively larger.

I find at 21:9 it’s not particularly annoying, but some folks object even at that aspect ratio.

(There is no option to fix it that I’m aware of, other than running at a different aspect ratio.)

Hi, Vibstronium.

I use a Samsung Odyssey super ultrawide 49", 32:9 . Could that be it? I see that the images on the sides are very deformed, but not in the center of the monitor. However, in the case of lights, even in the center the lights are very big and strong. It’s very different from what I see in the videos and photos of other simers.

Thank you guy, for your attention.

1 Like

Does this describe your problem
?

Yep, that’s exactly it.

Following @blueline308’s advice, I turned Bloom off and it didn’t totally fix it, but it got better!

Thanks to everyone who was somehow interested in helping me. :wink: :+1: :handshake:

2 Likes

Glad it helped some. There is definitely something wrong with the lights and lighting in general.

Closing topic as duplicate of: