Very poor Xbox customer support. Outrageous

Just found out that Xbox will no longer allow me to receive refunds on BROKEN products that do not launch on Xbox Series X. Why is this? I’m genuinely wondering. I’ve spent thousands on this game and of course, from time-to-time I purchase something on the Marketplace that doesn’t work. That’s to be expected but to not allow a refund because someone has purchased enough products that are broken that they no longer give you your money back for something that is entirely their problem? That’s absolutely terrible customer service and will not be purchasing anything else until they allow me to get my money back from things that DON’T WORK.

I came with receipts.

6 Likes

Maybe try reading and watching reviews before buying items?

11 Likes

This might not be what you are experiencing, but … Microsoft have some insanely stupid policy that only allow 2 refunds per year, I have absolutely no idea how they can put a number to a refund amount.

If you buy a product that is not fit for purpose or does not live up to what is stated, it by law, can be refunded. I don’t know how Microsoft get away with it.

I had to battle with them in the past to get a 3rd refund (nothing to do with Simming) and they said “You have had 2 refunds, why do you want another?”, me saying, what do you mean why do I want one? Because this is subpar? and law states you should refund me (this in the UK), then they go on about policy only states 2.

Also only buy using a credit card, then you can just get in contact with them and get them to sort it out.

tl;dr, Microsoft have a 2 refund limit per year, get in contact, say about consumer rights, they will give in.

7 Likes

Many retailers do this, at least here in the USA. People that chronically return items are put on lists and flagged. Read reviews. If one is on XBOX, a platform that’s the same hardware-wise for everyone that’s using it in a relatively-controlled environment(no mods, livery packs, coding changes, etc.), there’s little excuse for buying something that doesn’t work with the number of reviews available. PC is a different animal with the millions of possible PC configurations that exist.

Unfortunately this is due to unscrupulous buyers that abuse the system, the way of the world now, a few spoil it for the many.

1 Like

yes but the receipts dont tell us what you bought and what was broken? Care to share what they were?

The last one was Cancun Int.

Doesn’t my huge list of 50+ purchases and only 3 refunds received disqualify me from these buyers that abuse the system?

1 Like

I think at least one problem, is that no amount of reviews will tell you if it’s going to be unusable after SIM Update #whatever.

For some add-ons there actually aren’t any reviews. Think about some more obscure airports, that might be of interest to a few because they’ve visited or live nearby.

That’s external to the marketplace. The Marketplace review won’t even allow comments, so hard to know if the high rating is for visuals, stability etc who knows?

Also there were certain airports which receive rave reviews. Until that is it was found that they almost always CTD on Xbox, can’t really blame the consumer there. Turns out the ratings were for PC, but of course you can’t distinguish between the two.

Ultimately if it’s paid for and fails to work. There’s no logic in blaming the buyer, it’s absolutely on the seller. Who’d buy a car that wouldn’t move off your driveway. You’d want a refund I’d expect

7 Likes

can you list the 50 purchases and the ones you got refunded. i also have xbox and this would be helpful

You make great points here, especially update compatibility. Hmmm…

I had Bijan Ships and Boats installed on Xbox and everything seemed fine for several weeks. Now I intended to land in Madrid and not until then I realised that huge spikes came out of Madrid and the airport was a mess. Uninstalling Ships and Boats did the trick and now Madrid and its Barajas airport are nice and clean again. So I paid for something that I cannot use as advertised but a few weeks went by since. What now? :thinking:

1 Like

Right now I’m just happy the game launches (Xbox s) I recently bought the Honda jet and it’s absolutely amazing, you can also link your navigraph charts, again for Xbox this is incredible. My biggest issue is pretty much all my UK addons I purchased are crashing my game, I cannot use Gatwick with the scenery I bought, instant crash, I can’t use London city airport with the add on I bought, I also purchased London improved scenery but this also crashes, all I can do is pretty much flights no longer than 40 minutes and from airports where I have not purchased any addons. I tried refund but no success. Still happy with the Honda Jet, if anyone is on the fence about this marketplace addon for Xbox, trust me it’s worth it .

It’s frustrating I know. However how long after purchase did you request a refund? If you wait a few weeks they will deny it. I’ve had no issues being refunded but I never wait more than 24hrs before requesting it.

I experienced this pathetic lack of customer support recently myself. Similar situation. I purchased a DLC airport from the Marketplace for Xbox. The content will not work. It causes CTD every single time.

I requested a refund and received a denial based on “too many refund requests”. I only recall one refund request but regardless, it should not matter. The product I purchased is defective and MS knows it is.

I reached out to the 3rd party developer simply to give them situational awareness only. I was not upset with the developer, just disappointed. Their response was enlightening and they acknowledged MS and Asobo will not allow 3rd party developers to test their product on the Xbox before going to the marketplace for purchase. MS and Asobo are supposed do it, but it appears it is not being done.

So, I purchased a defective product and MS will not give me my money back. I requested the refund within a day or purchase. Absolutely unacceptable customer service and support and I wonder if this practice is even legal? I am going to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I would encourage others to be aware of this unacceptable and outrageous practice by MS.

ETA

Here is the response I got back from the 3rd party developer (sharing with their permission…):

“…Thank you for reaching out to me. I believe that it may be an issue with all 3rd party airports as multiple devs have reported issues. Unfortunately, it seems to maybe be an XBOX thing; as we have to send our content to Asobo for testing and they verify/test/load up with it and approve it. We do not have the capabilities to test an “XBOX” version. We can only try and optimize to the best of our abilities…”

2 Likes

I’d suggest writing a concise, polite paper letter, with receipts and simple explanation attached, to both Phil Spencer (head of Xbox), and Jorg Neumann (head of MSFS). Mail it to Microsoft HQ and they’ll route it to them. This is the reason I have not had confidence to spend money in the MSFS marketplace on Xbox - if the sim is unstable, potentially causing 3rd party products to also be unstable (or they’re unstable on their own) there isn’t much recourse.

2 Likes

It really is an utterly absurd system, especially when MS/Asobo isn’t even testing the content and blames developers who can’t even test the products on an Xbox.

1 Like

Send a private message to @Jummivana with your Zendesk ticket number.

Zendesk is not Xbox support but rather support for MSFS only.

The purchase are through an in game store. So “Xbox support” will only differ to the game support. In this case Zandesk…

I’m about to submit add-ons I’ve purchased from the marketplace for refund also - they cause CTD as soon as I’ve spawned in to a purchased airport or even using purchased ground equipment packs.
I live in Australia and we have very strict laws retailers MUST follow otherwise they face up to $50k fines per purchase made.
I think it’s pretty ■■■■■■ that items in the marketplace are not tested before release - what’s the point of having them in the marketplace at all? I assumed if they’re available there then they’re going to work.
I’ve also submitted feedback to Microsoft saying they need a separate feedback and error reporting portal for Xbox users as time after time I see things like “weather and clouds not looking right” upvoted to the top of the fix list, while Xbox issues (such as the CTD issue) are way down the list and not being given the attention it needs. I understand that PC users are more prolific, but why should aesthetic issues be given priority over system failures just because more users upvote them? I’ve spent way too much on hardware just to fly this sim on Xbox and not about to move to PC just because the developers won’t prioritise fixes for console. I understand it’s a heavy platform, but it was designed to play on the latest Xbox consoles - and it worked fine a couple of SU’s ago! (Excluding the dumpster fire known as SU9).

5 Likes

They actually DO test the addons. However, the test equipment is not an actual XBox. It is a PC running an XBox emulator. The emulator gives false positives. Somethings that fail directly on an XBox will work in the emulator.

2 Likes