Very Satisfied with MSFS 2020

Ow man. You just NAILED it there :grinning:.

1 Like

As many issues as I’ve had since launch, there are some days when everything just works well and the experience is almost surreal. Some of the clouds still irk me, as they were amazing before SU7, but overall, the last week or so since the patch have been remarkably good and there are moments when I’m flying around that I almost forget I’m sitting at my sim and not flying a real plane.

It doesn’t mean the experience is perfect by any means. There are still issues I’m dealing with, bugs that crop up, and long standing issues that hold the experience back. But all in all, right now I’m probably at one of the best places in the sim since launch.

9 Likes

Wow. And that from you… is telling too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

I just moved from pancake to VR three weeks ago, and I am stunned every day by the amazing visuals and the sensation of being there which MSFS provides…
I fly almost exclusively the A320NX FBW, and the feeling of being inside the cockpit is unbelievable.
Before VR, I barely looked outside the plane, so if I was bored I went to surf the web on the IPad or to read something while the plane was cruising.
Now, every take off, approach, landing and taxing to gate is a visual feast. Even cruise phase is amazing with clear weather if flying above mountains, cities, coastlines…
My first simming experience was 37 years ago, MSFS 2.0 (I think), on 5 1/4" floppy disk and 320x200 monochrome display.
Really, things have gone far over these years…
Asobo, please sort out the bugs and stability, and keep improving this wonder!

8 Likes

There are things I want fixed, things I want improved, and things I consider important and missing. But for the most part, it’s been good. The few CTDs I’ve experience in the last couple of weeks are in menus or loading a flight. Once I’m in, it’s been rock solid. I haven’t had a CTD during a flight. Most of the stuttering I was experiencing after SU7 are gone since the patch. And performance has been great overall, although that’s likely partially due to my new CPU.

I’ve been streaming flights on the Simstrumentation Discord pretty regularly without issues and reasonable performance. I never would have been able to do that in the past.

2 Likes

#metoo and I am just smiling about the people threatening “to go back” to whatever sim they used before. CU then. (13.000 RL hrs :wink: )

2 Likes

And I thought I was the only one who is utterly impressed everytime I fly around in VR :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Every minute I spend flying in VR is as surprising as the first minute when I put the headset for the first time…
…despite the current shortcomings and bugs in VR (like controls stopping responding if you have some window panel open and and on focus). Had a few crashes on my first flights because of that…

1 Like

Now that it’s been officially mentioned, Virtual Reality in MSFS 2020 is a game changer! The fact that a simulator that has realistic photogeometry (or however that’s said) from overhead satellite images… being able to experience the real world’s locations in a VR space is a unique niche! Again, very satisfied with MSFS 2020!

2 Likes

It’s only a model…

2 Likes

Yes, yes, it is only a model (I wonder what someone with MSFS 98 would say if fast forwarded in time to now though haha)

2 Likes

Agree 100% I started out with Bruce Artwick’s subLogic TRS-80 version in 1982, and it’s just awesome. True, there are a few nitpicks here and there, but it works just great for me.

I agree with you as well. MSFS 2020 is a really great program !! There may be things here and there that could be improved but that is true for everything out there. I feel the programmers are doing a fantastic job and should feel their good work is appreciated by a huge community. I’m a “retired” :slight_smile: private pilot and just love the realism and beauty of the product. Thank you !!

2 Likes

I know, as I scroll through these great comments, I keep waiting for a whiner to chime in just to throw ■■■■ on this thread.

I join the ranks of happy flight simmers here. Faithful simmer for many, many years. Never had it so good!

2 Likes

I thought it would be 10 years before we would ever see anything like MSFS 2020. As far as I am concerned, we are 8 years ahead of schedule.

2 Likes

I have an OR but haven’t tried VR yet. I thought it might be a bit overwhelming. Although I’m sure it makes VFR navigation and landing easier.

Way basic question but with all the external controls, how do you find them when in VR? It would be killer if HOTAS devices rendered.

Don’t misunderstand frustration so much. Just look at the way his response was dismissed so quickly and hidden. How would it make you feel if the frustration you felt (perhaps you haven’t, but try) resulted in someone (just one person with the rights) decided to ‘hide’ your comment because they felt otherwise?

I’ve seen lots of great posts from this author that now makes him feel unwelcomed here. How is anything you’re doing going to change that? You just want to win a ‘forum war’ and make him go away?

That won’t help anyone wanting to make this simulator better.

Please try to understand all users and not just your own opinions.

I’ve been happy to read someone that begun with the FS more or less at the same age (yes with green or amber dislays).
That’s true! things have gone very very far … and FS is absolutely amazing

1 Like

On another note since my last post, I would like to say I’m also very pleased with the progress made to date by Asobo. I don’t understand all the bugs we users have to troubleshoot on this forum every day/week/month, but Asobo have achieved something special with this sim so far.

That said, lots of us are waiting for the sim that we bought and were promised to experience on day one, especially after spending a considerable amount of money we can’t all afford so easily.

2 Likes

It’s not at all about dismissing other people’s feelings.
There are enough threads out there that deal with problems. And that’s good and important. However some days this forum almost drowns in them.
So a positive thread like this highlighting the joyous stuff that brings a smile to your face is so important in order to see that not everything is bad.
Still there are some people around whose only objective in life seems to be to spread misery among happy people. This happens in almost every positive thread. Those people don’t care about other people’s happy feelings nor about solving important issues. They only care about their own frustrations and how to impose them on other by sowing discontent.
It’s like being at a wedding, taking the microphone and lamenting to the bride and groom that your girlfriend left you and marriage is the singlemost idiotic thing anyone could ever do anyway and then fondle the maid of honor on the way to the buffet …
And that’s inconsiderate and selfish and I don’t respect people who do it on purpose.

9 Likes