VFR Map doesn't show proposed route during Bush Trip

I’m currently doing the Alaska Bush Trip and noticed that the white line, that is supposed to show the proposed route to take, is missing from the VFR Map. During the first leg it was there, but ever since the second leg it’s missing. Although the trip itself isn’t too hard even without it, it still seems to be a bug to me. Before SU5 I did the Nevada Bush Trip and it showed the white route for all legs. (I know the plane isn’t supposed to be there, it’s all good, but the white line is). I attach a screenshot of what it looks like, basically it’s just the empty VFR Map.

I was hoping today’s hotfix would fix it but apparently it didn’t. Am I alone with this problem? Or is this by design since SU5? If so, how come the route line was there during the first leg?

14 Likes

I have the same problem in France bush trip, only the first leg show the route.

5 Likes

Thanks, then it definitely looks like a bug. I will be able to complete the Alaskan trip as it’s quite easy to follow, but will not try the others until this is fixed.

2 Likes

VFR map is broken (no proposed route, isolines are thick ugly, airports names are not always visible).
Nav Log is also broken for me: does not show picture of target airport/airstrip in last entry of flight leg notes.

6 Likes

So glad you posted this. I have been going though so many settings trying to figure out what I broke.

4 Likes

AFAICT it’s any bush trip - for the first leg the VFR map will show the route, and the flight plan is loaded into G1000/other avionics system. For any subsequent leg, neither has any waypoints. This is definitely a regression since Tuesday and the SU5 update, as I’ve been flying bush trips this week. I assume it’s the result of the hotfix today.

3 Likes

It was already like this for me after SU5 and before the hotfix.

Same here I’ve played in vr before the console version and the white line was always there i went to start the Yosemite trip and it’s not showing up. Went to a different one and it did show up so I’m assuming it’s a bug I’m just bummed cause I’ve been waiting to do this on console and it’s broken

2 Likes

This is a bug of SU5. And unfortunately it is being reproduced for every bush trip. It makes flying bush trips very uncomfortable. I hope it will be fixed soon. Very annoying.

2 Likes

Problem is not just Bush Trips. I have flown 2 flights with Flight Plans I created in Little Nav Map before SU5 and in each case the first legs are not showing. Something else called Time Climb is inserted instead or other waypoints are added. Definately a bug.

Same issue here on Series X

2 Likes

Well this should be fixed. I wanted to try some nice bushflights soon.

1 Like

Faced with another bug in bush trips. After a crash on the latest leg in Finland the leg sequence has damaged. I fly last two legs from scratch again and again but MSFS doesn’t accept it and stuck the bush trip at 88% level of completion. So sad.

4 Likes

Same here. Flight plan gone and POI`s gone when restarting SIM.

1 Like

I restarted the bush trip to Yosemite and had the line on the vfr map i played almost halfway thru the entire trip and then went to bed. Got up this morning and I guess I should have just left it on and waiting to press continue because I loaded the flight and there’s no line now.

2 Likes

There was another post about this issue and if you click continue and then back out it’ll save the points and white line. You just can’t quit when the menu to quit pops up lol

2 Likes

So you mean when the line is there on the first leg, I should start the second and THEN quit, instead of quitting at the debriefing screen?

Yes hit continue and then once it’s loaded and you see the line on the vfr map quit. When you come back it’ll still be there.

4 Likes

Think I found a temporary solution for this, at least on series x. When in the Bush flight and the flight path doesn’t show up, you can get it back by going to your options, assistance options, and then reset default values and apply. Even though you can’t change any options in their when flying Bush flights, it still resets the flight path.

Hope this helps

3 Likes

Btw you could see the route and the plane inside the plane on the map during the bush trips. But now they removed also that.
Sucks or what.

1 Like