VFR Map for Little Navmap

This…
and we germans are out of the game as well, like always

Nice addition for LNM,but useless without covering central europe.

What do you mean? Germany is one of the best covered countries of the open flightmaps…

2 Likes

Well,not on my version of LNM it seems. My open flight map theme for germany is pitch black…

There must be something wrong with your installation of LNM or the map theme. Germany is covered and runs pretty fine for me!

2 Likes

Hmm…I put the openflightmaps.dgml file into Little Nav Map -> data -> maps -> earth. Is this correct so far?

Bacouse,this is the result: (Me with my plane in France)

Make sure to copy the whole directory “openflightmaps” into LNM - Data - maps - earth.

The DGML is only one of the required files.

2 Likes

Thanks…

Sometimes I hate Github, I was clicking on the wrong file initially ^^

1 Like

Now it works. Thanks to the OP! Really nice addition to LNM

4 Likes

Really very nice. Thank you. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Using Google satellite maps for bush flight planing inside LNM is AWESOME, thanks!!!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

Where do I put this files in MacOS?

Right click in Finder on Little Navmap and Show Package Contents. Then copy to Little Navmap.app/Contents/MacOS/data/maps/earth.

The result should look like

Little Navmap.app/Contents/MacOS/data/maps/earth/google-maps-sat
Little Navmap.app/Contents/MacOS/data/maps/earth/google-maps-ter

Alex

3 Likes

Great, that works like a charm :slightly_smiling_face:

the navdata needs an update for Germany! The new Airspace around Berlin(EDDB) isn´t impelmentet yet. But the idee behind this is great and it makes now real fun to plan a flight.

greetings from Germany

1 Like

I’ve updated LittleNavmapOFMTheme to use AIRAC 2012.

Download the new version on GitHub: https://github.com/AmbitiousPilots/LittleNavmapOFMTheme/releases/latest/download/openflightmaps.zip

3 Likes

Many thanks for this map theme.
I just wanted to let you know that if I set the map projection to “spherical” and try to load OpenFlightMaps, it crashes Little Navmap.
Only the Mercator projection seems to work for this map.

Alright, I’ll have a look what I can do to prevent the crash.

The issue originates from “Marble”, the map rendering backend of LNM.

Keep an eye on this thread. Will update asap.

1 Like

Set in little_navmap.ini:

[Options]
MarbleDebug=true

to see more Marble related messages. When I debugged into the crash there seemed to be an issue with different or mixed tile sizes from the source (256 vs 512).

2 Likes

Hi all, since today the open flight map doesn’t load anymore within LittleNavMap. Could this be a server issue on OpenFlightMaps end? Does anybody else have this issue?