VFR Map for Little Navmap

Hi,

Running latest version of LNM and installed it according instructions.

When selecting the “theme” LNM crashes to desktop.

Any idea what may be wrong, or i’m doing wrong?

Thx,

Marcel

1 Like

Which version of Little Navmap do you use? Did you download the zip file or the source from github? In order for the theme to work properly, all the files of the zip file need to be extracted to the location given in the instructions.

Direct download link for the zip file:
https://github.com/AmbitiousPilots/LittleNavmapOFMTheme/releases/download/v1.0.3/openflightmaps.zip

Download and extract the folder to Little Navmap\data\maps\earth. Restart Little Navmap and try again. Let me know if that solved your issue.

1 Like
  1. Have the latest version:
    afbeelding
  2. Downloaded the files from your link
  3. Installed it according instructions
    afbeelding
    Still get a CTD when selecting this “theme”
1 Like

I’m running the latest version as well and it works fine (see screenshot):

­
I also enabled every possible feature in LNM, that didn’t make it crash either. Not sure what exactly causes the CTD on your end, but it might be another plugin that’s not compatible with the VFR map. Also moving the map to e.g. airport KLAX, which is not covered by the VFR map, did not cause any issues whatsoever.

What I’d do is, create a separate fresh install of LNM (download the LNM zip and extract to another location, alongside your current install) and try to run the theme again. If that works, you’re certain that another plugin you’re using is interfering with the VFR theme.

If you need more help, PM me. I also speak Dutch, in case that’s more convenient for you.

1 Like

Exactly the same happens with my little navmap installation.
Same versions.
I tried a clean new installation as well as described.

1 Like

Besides using a fresh install of LNM, you may need to remove the LNM config files located here:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel

Make a backup of these files, in case you want to restore them.

People reported that this helped to get the VFR up and running.

1 Like

After extracting the openflightmaps folder to …\Little Navmap\data\maps\earth directory the vfr maps do show up only partially

tried to zoom in and out but to no avail. Same happens to the web viewer

Always the center tiles are missing. Scrolling around will show that other tiles are present.

Tried multiple setttings in ‘Options’ but no success.

Edit: If I zoom in to as close as possible, the tiles are shown. But when zooming out again they disappear completely.

LNM’s map rendering library called “marble” tries to load the second set of tiles that are loaded on top of the topography tiles from the cache. If the cache somehow becomes corrupt, the effect you see is the result, as new tiles are not downloaded from the internet.

To fix this, go to the openflightmaps theme directory and locate the file openflightmaps.dgml. Open it with a text editor. There are two lines saying <texture name="map" expire="1209600" >. Change these lines to <texture name="map" expire="-1" >. This forces the tiles to be downloaded on the go. Restart LNM and move the map around. That should’ve fixed it.

Alternatively, you could also simply remove the map cache manually (located here C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\.marble\data\maps\earth\openflightmaps), but that does not always work.

When the map continues to work properly, you may change the expiration time back to 1209600, so LNM uses the updated cache instead of downloading the tiles over and over again.

4 Likes

Deleting the map cache and openflightmaps folder and a reinstallation of openflightmaps theme did fix it. Could it be that the cache contained some tiles from a previous version?

Thank you for taking care of my issue.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Glad it works now :grin:

Yes, that surely could’ve been the case.

1 Like

I used it for the first time today and must say that I am really impress with it and will certainly donate to help him keep up the great job he has done!.

2 Likes

Updated to AIRAC 2102 :

2 Likes

I can see that under the black layer FYROM is showing up. But modmaker blacked it out on purpose and I dont see a reason. FYROM Albania Serbia Montenegro Croatia and Bosnia
heres the pic on purpose Screenshot by Lightshot

The area you describe is currently not supported by the online map tiles. That’s why the black tiles appear there.

However, you can download some of these maps in several formats like PDF from the open flightmaps website. For example Croatia.

The coverage is continuously expanded. Any updates will immediately be reflected in this VFR map mod.

1 Like

Hey , Thank you for this amazing data :slight_smile:

Spain is all black for me, all other countries in EU are ok. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you

2 Likes

This is the source of the data:
https://www.openflightmaps.org/

Just go to the map and you can double check, if it’s a LNM bug or not included.

2 Likes

France is not even there and France is correctly shown with LNM.

Ofc France is on the website, you have to check it on the map, not on the page with the listed country names. So, France is included but as you can see below, the map coverage ends with the french border, so Spain is not covered by openflightmaps. It isn’t a problem of LNM or the data of @AmbitiousPilots.

2 Likes

Updated to AIRAC 2103 :

2 Likes

Updated to AIRAC 2104 :

2 Likes