VFR Map for Little Navmap

I’m running into some issues with the OFM Theme.

when zooming it only seems to partially load the map, or does different levels of detail on the same zoom level. It’s rather odd.

edit: I think I found the solution a couple of scrolls up in this thread. Going to try that first.

edit 2: yep that worked, nevermind :slight_smile:

LittleNavmapOFMTheme is now also available on flightsim.to !

3 Likes

thaks mate, thats awesome and exactly what i searched for! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a newer version of the US sectional charts as a map style? The maps are now somewhat outdated (VORs deactivated etc.). Is there a way to update the maps yourself?

@AmbitiousPilots Are you planning to extend your offer to the US sectionals?

@AmbitiousPilots
Thank you very much for creating this mod and continuing with updating AIRAC cycles, you did a very good job and this tool helps me a lot to perform VFR flights and flight planning!

1 Like

@frulx241 I’m planning to create a combo of the US and the other VFR charts in the future.

@TDizzle6920 Thanks :wink: Keep enjoying it!

2 Likes

If you’ve done this for Xbox users as well as PC users, then you have done very well :slight_smile:

@AmbitiousPilots
I have one question regarding the zoom level of the openflightmaps overlay.

Version 1.0.9:
If I zoom out too far the ICAO chart overlay dissapears and switches to normal card - I think it’s OSM - the compas rose indoacates a diameter of 40 nm or a single range of 20 nm.
This is not pretty much for flight planning without using the built in functions.
My question is if I’m doing something wrong or if this is standard behaviour of the overlay.

for some reason maps start fading to black when zoom in

Not all aviation charts are available, for instance none for UK. The chart is black if you try to view it, not sure if zooming is part of this.

This crashes LNM every time I try to activate the openflightmaps map option in the dropdown. Any fix? Latest version of the maps from github and latest version of littlenavmap.

@TDizzle6920 @gibanica87 Yes, zoom levels are capped due to restrictions of openflightmaps.

@Terrylawdinn UK maps are currently not supported by openflightmaps.

@ArtyDragmire Please have a look here: CTD when using OpenFlightMap · Issue #3 · AmbitiousPilots/LittleNavmapOFMTheme · GitHub

Someone just pointed me to this for VFR charts in Austria/Germany. Dowloaded, followed the instructions at the top of the thread and it worked great the first try. Thanks for your hard work. This adds a lot to my flight sim experience.

1 Like

does this work as intended with the latest LNM update? i get some strange behavior on the Openflighmaps now?

Me too. Just tried everything but got only a black map :frowning:

@HXArdito @Mauflo12961 Issue is fixed. Please download the new version: LittleNavmapOFMTheme » Microsoft Flight Simulator :+1:

3 Likes

Not working. Copied files as instructed but when I select the Theme LNP CTD. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, tried a recent (the last?) and the latest (2.6.17) version of LNM and both crashed when selecting the theme. FYI mine was a complete wipe of LNM when updating and I also tried it after deleting the entire .marble folder too.

I’m using version 2.6.17 of LittleNavmap as well and it works fine here with the VFR map:

At the time of writing, the latest version of the VFR Map is 1.0.11 available on flightsim.to . Might be that in your case there is still something cached from another version somewhere. However, you can see in my screenshot that it definitely works.

Thanks for the reply. I’m fairly sure I cleared out all of the old LNM install and cache when I’ve tried; I also have since checked the ‘Mercator’ option, tried it as an Admin, and also did it over Paris (just in case the UK was the issue!) - all gave no joy, but I will persevere…
Edit: the first, and only, version I download was today. BTW I kicked up VS Studio when I got the Close/Debug prompt and saw this: ‘Unhandled exception at 0x67F32149 (libmarblewidget-qt5.dll) in littlenavmap.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x002F07F7.’