VFR Map for Little Navmap

Some feedback (is there a better place for this?):
I did a complete wipe of the LNM related items in both Local and Roaming folders and got it working (ie not crashing when swapping to the theme). Trying to pan around in the blacked-out areas causes a wierd ‘redraw’ issue and then an occasional crash of LNM. (I saw the above post re zoom levels and areas of coverage.)

Nice that it works now. The weird redraw is caused by the transparency of the empty map tiles which the marble engine has issues with. Unfortunately, that’s nothing I can change directly. In future, the way the tiles are served might change which could possibly solve this issue.

1 Like

:airplane: Happy New Year 2022 :star2:

­
Enjoy your flights, stay safe and get ready for the next updates coming soon on flightsim.to!

­

1 Like

Hello dear Ambitios Pilots and fellow flight simmers, VFR lovers.

My friend and I don’t understand at the moment how to integrate the openflightmaps org maps from open flightmap.

a.) What specific data format must be chosen?
b.) in what folder within littlenavmap do we have to install the data from openflightmaps?
c.) the theme alone only shows black map (this is the way it should be), but how can we load the detail map for the zone we want to fly in?

thanks in advance, OE-PKR over

removing content in cache didn’t solve anything for me

Don’t know if that part is correct in the cfg file
the nwy-tiles- path may be broken?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

The Openflightmaps folder goes into “Little Navmap\data\maps\earth” where “LIttle Navmap” is whatever folder you installed the software in.

I checked a few hours ago and for some reason I also see all black maps, which is not what it should be for regions covered by Openflightmaps. I wanted to try again this evening as I hadn’t much time to test.

I hadn’t used Openflightmaps in a while (I use OpenTopoMap because it’s great for VFR flying) and hadn’t noticed it had stopped working :thinking:

I have only black background.
After resetting the cache, nothing happens.
I believe, that there is problem with source website.

Waiting some time, then retry next days

There is a new airac 2205 active!
You have to change your dgml file “openflightmaps.dgml” in the path “Little Navmap\data\maps\earth\openflightmaps”

Two times change the query to:
query=“path=2205/base/latest”

7 Likes

Hey thanks. As far as this we got it right. We did not understand if the maps were streaming or should be streaming in or if we had download the map content manually. I understand now data should stream but doesnt at the moment leaving screen blank.
Thanks

this is absolutely fantastic ! will try it out in the evening today ! thanks for sharing

1 Like

This works for me! Thanks

1 Like

It works !!!
Thank you so much :clap:

1 Like

Thank you mate.

1 Like

Hello

Thank you very much for this map. I have a problem with LNM and your map. I followed the instructions, but this is what I see when I move the VFR map in LNM.
Can you help me?
Thank you.

Is there any map legend for openflightmaps? I cannot find any.

There is a new airac 2207 active!
You have to change your dgml file “openflightmaps.dgml” in the path “Little Navmap\data\maps\earth\openflightmaps”

Two times change the query to:
query=“path=2207/base/latest”

1 Like

Don’t forget to clear the littlenavmap cache.

1 Like

I installed everything according to instructions and selected *openflightmaps as the map source, even “updated” to current airac cycle by myself using @DEJDE s solution, but a VFR map is not shown to me. On the picture you (should) see middle Europe somewhere above Germany. Any ideas?

I see no chance of editing my post but I have to add: seems like the map should show Poland not Germany. Sorry, was hard to tell if almost no visual reference is given.