VFR Map not zoomable anymore

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?
Yes

Brief description of the issue:
Since Sim Update 10 I cannot zoom the VFR map anymore using mousewheel.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
n/a

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Press V and try to zoom

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
Win10, i7-10700K, RTX 2070

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
v1.27.21.0 (Sim Update 10), Steam

I occasionally get this too, and it was happening in SU9. I find the only way to fix it is to come out of the flight planning page and go back into it.

In addition to what @PumpaCat wrote, does this apply?

What do you mean with flight planning page? I’m talking about the VFR map (V), not the world map.
It is not happening occasionally on my side - it’s a permanent problem.

I’m not using Camera Showcase mode.

1 Like

My apologies. I misunderstood you.

Same problem here. Unable to zoom out on the VFR map using the mouse scroll wheel.

1 Like

Externalized VFR Map or In-Game window ?

I ask because zoom works still fine for me, but I not externalize the VFR map.

I found the solution! Changing the mouse profile back to the Standard Profile reactivated the possibility to zoom the VFR map (and also to drag the World Map using the mouse). I found the solution in another thread where someone stated that this issue happened a few SUs ago when they changed the default profile.
So I changed back to the default mouse profile, applied my changes again and saved it as new profile.

2 Likes

I’m not sure whether I should open an extra thread for this but I recognized that you cannot zoom out the VFR map as far as it was possible in the past. When I zoom out the maximum zoom level shows 200 NM but I’m sure that in the past (before the last SUs) I could zoom out way more far. Is there any way to get a wider zoom range back? E.g. when flying a distance of 1000 NM it would be great to see the whole distance on the VFR map.

2 Likes

I noticed same ( and I believe its second time where the max zoom level was decreased ). I assume they do thats because of performance, or again because these xbox-gaming-console is limited in amount of RAM. These VFR map is forme still far away from a nice usable VFR Map. Its a gimmik, not more. But since SU10 its at least better, because we can see some airport informations ( but also here the usability is worst: e.g. why is no ‘right mouse’ support to choose the frequencies for the ATC from that - ah yes, a xbox-controller havent a right mouse :sweat_smile: )

That here is an older existing wish about improvement related to the VFR map:

It mention the zoom level, but as different reason.

EDIT: and here we have a new topic about the zoom:

For anyone who doesn’t want the rigamarole of rebinding mouse controls to a new profile, the two controls you need to bind are ‘In-Flight UI Panel’ zoom out & in.

5 Likes

Yup same here. Tried everything. Nothing works. VFR map is always zoomed in to 0.5nm.

Yep, this is the best solution, thanks.