VHHH (HK International Airport) Marketplace Purchase - North runway in the sea

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes - relevant to the scenery for VHHH

Brief description of the issue:

The purchase yesterday via MSFS Marketplace of WF Scenery Studio’s VHHH (Hong Kong International Airport) version 1.3.0 has the Northern (New) runway and taxi-ways surrounded by sea rather than the earthworks visible in the product thumbnails. Construction cranes in the area are sitting in the sea, not dry land. Is this the latest version ? If so there should be a patch applied for compatibility with whatever SU conflicts and places the construction area underwater.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

VHHH

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Thats an issue inteoduced wcaused by the new terraforming/water exclusion polygon bug. Asobo is aware and it will be fixed somewhen. But i guess the developer already updated the scenery i read somewhere? Make sure u have the latest version. If you have, we have to wait for an MSFS Hotfix.

See here:

Current version of VHHH is 1.3.1, if you update it, it might be fixed already by the dev :slight_smile:

Hi thanks for the feedback, actually I just got a reply from the developer stating that an updated version 1.3.1 is awaiting approval from the Marketplace to patch this problem. If I’d purchased directly from them I could apply the patch - but as I used Marketplace I’ll just have to wait.

yeah, the downsides of marketplace… hopefully it will be faster soon :wink:

2 Likes

Hello,

Bug Reports & Wishlist is for Asobo and Microsoft only. It is not for anything made by a third party like this. I have moved your post to Community Support. I have also re-tagged your post, as the marketplace tag is really for the Marketplace and not products in the Marketplace.

WF Scenery Studio’s VHHH v1.3.0.
lt looks like a typical Marketplace problem always behind the drag curve.
The WF Scenery has an update to v1.3.1 to solve and corrects satellite imagery.
This is why I avoid Marketplace purchase and use vendor or other sites.

There are 2 issues here with which I fundamentally disagree:

1. The Marketplace purchase process in and of itself is enticing sim pilots to purchase products which are not working as advertised due to incessant bugs during the botched & rushed upgrade process by MS/Asobo. Specifically VHHH as one example. It is NOT the fault of 3rd parties creating (usually) top-rated content to be selling inferior products “not as advertised” via YOUR marketplace and most certainly for those of us who paid extra $ for such products thus marketed which are not as described by these dedicated creators - only because of YOUR bugs. Let me just re-state this point - the Marketplace so-called is a platform to sell 3rd party content - a key part of the MSFS business plan surely - BUT you now have a problem…each fix that the platform coders enable breaks multiple others - and these simply break products sold on the Marketplace. This is not acceptable.

2. The process whereby 3rd Party vendors solve your coding issues, yet their customers need to wait for an in-determinate time (typically months) to see their paid-for products working as YOU claim only because they purchased from the MS Marketplace & approval thereby is delayed due to YOUR ludicrously slow approval process. NO I think your response fell somewhat short of expected from a premier Company. Sorry to dis-agree.

1 Like

Please read before reply to a post from another forum member. I have no connection to Asobo and/or Microsoft. Reply to moderator or raise it as an issue.
“Marketplace problem always behind the drag curve.
This is why I avoid Marketplace purchase and use vendor or other sites.”
If flying was difficult engineers would do it.