VHHX SU11 Approaches Missing from NAV Database (default)

Hi There,

I was wondering if someone can help figuring this issue out. I am currently running MSFS SU11 version 1.29.30.0 and was attempting to do a flight to from Haneda to Kai Tak Airport (VHHX). When I was looking for the approaches and arrival list in the flight planner menu I noticed these were missing. I would like to know if anyone else has seen something like this. I do not have any special scenery or third party modifications for the Hong Kong Area. Am I missing something?

I attached a screenshot to see if this is helpful.

This is the old Hong Kong airport closed in 1998. It is a historical airport similar to Meigs airport added in SU11/40th Anniversary. All of the airport’s SIDs, STARs, and approaches are no longer available.

The best way to plan a flight to this airport is to use a VHHH, the current Hong Kong airport, as the destination airport. At the end of the STAR, cancel IFR and fly direct to VHHX.

Actually, that’s not correct. ILS 31 and IGS 13 (the famous banking 747 low over Kowloon) still exist in the airport. Otherwise this thread wouldn’t exist:

Note that thread is an XBox user-generated topic, so they’re definitely on Navblue (stock Navdata). :slight_smile:

1 Like

You will definitely see these approaches available inside the Flight Management System if you use a GA aircraft like the SR-22 with the NXi. Or the Skyhawk G1000 with NXi, which is what I finally used to help that XBox user reproduce what he was seeing.

Hi, I read the post, doesn’t seem to necessarily be the same issue since in my case there’s no approach listed in the Nav Database, therefore I cannot even load the approach or procedures in the aircraft’s FMS.

Is there any way to force the nav database to refresh itself?

I think that might be an oddity with the A310, which I haven’t installed.

Please see my comments above. The XBox user and I definitely saw them loadable in-cockpit with the G1000 NXi equipped Skyhawk.

I’ll check again just in case with the SR22 and the Cessna 172 G1000.

I flew ILS 31 last night in a G3000 equipped aircraft.

In my case, it seems the issue is with the NAV Database. The approaches aren’t available it seems and can confirm the same behavior in the FBW A32NX add on as well.

Ah - I remember part of the problem - the XBox user only saw the ILS frequencies (but then again, he was flying the stock 747) but no approaches.

So - start either in the air or nearby from VHHH for example. Tune your NAV radios for the following depending on which one you want.

IGS 13 is 111.90 for the ILS.

ILS 31 is 109.90 for the cone.

See the LNM snippet below for geographic cues as to where the ILS feathers start.

XBOX X Not in Beta

There is no approach data for VHHX in 747,A310 ,not sure about Hjet can’t remember.There is no approach listed in World map planning .Does world map planning only offer approaches based on the actual aircraft picture showing on the left of the planning page ??.

Strange thing is the payware Kai Tak airports both have the IGS operating correctly i.e LOC and GS both show further out from airfield and the GS is at the correct height,why not Msfs Kai Tak ?,I assume they have both written their own data .

As Casualclick and I discussed in my Kai Tak thread recently ,if you are flying into VHHX and the aircraft has no fms/ mcdu data for VHHX then manually tuning to 111.90 ILS/ IGS only will give you a shorter than normal LOC signal and a GS that is far too low ( you 100% will hit the buildings) and the GS also starts too close to the airfield approx 7 dme as happened as usual last night with A310 .
I hope Msfs can fix this with a little haste as both A310 and Kai Tak were a big part of the 40 th anniversary release .

There’s no data for approaches in the flight planning menu either. I guess the more appropriate question would be is anyone else seeing this in the default NAV database of MSFS?

XBOX X not in Beta

I have just checked every Aircraft that I have on Xbox X / Standard edition msfs and none have any Arrivals data or Approach data for VHHX in the World Map Planning page, I just get Arrivals( direct) ,Approach ( automatic) ,so changing aircraft choice makes no difference .Being on Standard edition I don’t get G3000 which Casualclick uses,he had the same problem as me when he just entered 111.90 into the radio ,which he has reported to msfs.

Hope this airport gets the correct data added to World Map Planning and the A310 fms/mcdu plus my other aircraft.

is there any special reason why msfs models a non existant airport???
and VHHH misses a runway,k you approach on 25R and are supposed to land in the water ??? unbelivable quality.

With much regret I downloaded this Airport (VHHX) via Xbox Series X. The graphics are truly dreadful and it CTD. I can’t be bothered to request a refund but this will be the last thing I purchase on this platform. Why is this junk allowed in the MSFS Market place?