Video demonstrating the Live Weather only on 1st flight bug

I’m on 2 PC reboots (just bc) and 3 sim restarts with Live Weather working great.

To your point about the VPN, it certainly helped my update download speeds by more than 10:1. I wouldn’t recommend it for gameplay/PG/etc. It seems to work ok, but I notice my latency jumping from 20-ish to 60-ish, which I just don’t like that much LOL. This is for midwest US.

1 Like

I followed the instructions from the video and it works. Thanks for the advice guys.

Let’s hope Asobo/Microsoft has a fix for this issue soon.

3 Likes

And just like that out of the blue, weather is working for me today without any workaround wankery or restarting. I’m starting my 3rd flight of the day with weather working as it should.

I can’t imagine this will last more than a day or two before it reverts back to its usual broken state.

As per usual, no changes on this end at all to my computer, network, etc. It just went from not working to working. No changes to in game settings (same server as always (auto to NA East), haven’t touched any weather settings, etc. It

And just as mysteriously and randomly as it started working, it will go back to randomly not working again at some point from anywhere from my next flight to a few days from now. It’s been a whole week since I’ve seen it working last.

1 Like

Are you restarting your computer on a daily basis, the same way as before, Crunch? That could reset something with a restart/Off/On.

And just like that, after 7 flights, Live weather ■■■■ the bed again.

My computer is always running as I tend to access it remotely. It only gets restarted when there’s a need to like an update that requires a restart. I’ve found no correlation between times I’ve restarted it and weather working or not. It’s been running for 5 days since my last restart. I have no weather all week until today when it magically started working for most of the day and then stopped again for no apparent reason.

1 Like

Having the same issue, seems to be pretty random, working sometimes and then other times only lasting one flight before requiring a restart. It did seem to be “fixed” after one of the updates towards the end of last year but came back fairly quickly.

I think it must be server related - I have mine set to North Europe.

Same for me crunch. My few days of glorious live weather finally died last night. RIP.

I don’t get it. I thought I had pattern worked out to make it fail, but that didn’t work out.

If you’re interested, I have a wild theory that changing the time in map view, even though you’ve already selected live weather has something to do with it. If you change the time in the game once it’s started, it’s fine. Change it in map view before a flight and you’re boned. Just a theory.

It’s very rare that I ever change the time, either from the map or from in game. I’d say easily 95+% of my flights, I’m running both live weather and time. I don’t believe I changed time at all yesterday. It worked through multiple flights and then broke again.

1 Like

Because of how random it is, I’d bet it has something to do with weather from the server being parsed incorrectly. Obviously that’s just a guess, but they said ongoing improvements in Sim Update 3 I believe, so hopefully it will improve.

Yeah, I don’t know what it could be. I don’t do anything different from session to session. In many cases, I even do the same flights with the same plane (VFR flight from KAPF to KOPF in the C172 Classic is typically my first flight of any session).

In fairness, that “ongoing improvements” to the weather in the bug list has been there since September. They have improved the weather somewhat since, but this is still a major problem that hasn’t been addressed as of yet.

1 Like

Well there goes my luck. Now nothing works. Clear skies everywhere, even with the workaround that once worked. Totally driving me nuts. Sorry this post isn’t useful, I just needed to vent.

1 Like

Most likely a connection issue with the live weather server…

1 Like

I should rename this thread “Live Weather Bug Support Group”. lol

It’s all good though. This is a frustrating issue.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m sure that’s it. So Asobo please maybe give us an error message or something to not make me flip out.

We are up to 86 “Yes” votes so they will take this seriously. I understand that they take all issues seriously. Hopefully, we will see a fix on the next update. I really only ever want to fly in real weather.

Jayne: Please make sure that the “Three Big-Cheese, dudes” see these posts on this topic, please.

1 Like

@Jummivana and @RoyalTot have already sent this off up the chain of command. How far it went, no one knows. Whether or not Asobo or any of the CM staff follow the observations in the thread is also a mystery. I would love to believe that they’ve at least looked at it and watched the videos. But unfortunately, there’s no way to know.

2 Likes

I after this hotfix now live weather doesn’t work at all? Just clear skies standard pressure…tried restarting etc…

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten the hot fix yet. I’m just restarting the sim to start a new flight here in a sec. Perhaps I’ll get it then.

1 Like

Watched. But unfortunately that’s the best I can do in this situation and it’s reported up.

3 Likes

Before the last update, live weather worked ALL THE TIME for me. But now, it even doesn’t work on the first flight. But the workaround (start with clear skies and change to live weather during flight) works. So it’s definitve not a connection issue. Does it also make sense to post a video of that? Or not (since it is a slightly different problem)? Btw: Once I use live weather “wrong” (set to live weather before the first flight), I have to restart MSFS completely to get live weather work again.

Edit: No changes with the new hotfix, but that was clear, since it is for the flaps.