Video demonstrating the Live Weather only on 1st flight bug

If this bug is related to not allowing us to change the time, “if” we have selected the little live blue button or the big live button, then I could forgo having time being part of live weather. Doesn’t live weather imply, live time? :slight_smile:

The “If” statements on that window have got to be murder to code.

For me, I always want Live weather. Always. Day or night anywhere in the world.

The Live weather bug started up after the latest update and happens every second flight now (for me).

Today, I flew in the “Live” East Coast storms (first flight). It was great! A 120 kt tailwind… 420 GS knots in the TBM!

For you, it did. Mine started with the last update in November. Others have also had it happen alongside various updates. For others, it just randomly started happening with no discernible cause. Others yet have had it from launch and it’s never worked.

This is a hard one to pin down. The first thing is we need to make sure Asobo actually see this is happening. Because atm, they think it’s user error. Well, at least before this thread, at least. Or so I hope.

1 Like

Last night, my live weather didn’t work at all, from the first flight. wind at FL240 was 3 knots. Weather was clear skies from Amsterdam to London. Pressure 29.92.

So it’s not always related to the second or third flight & so on.

I’ve actually had it not work on my first flight a few times. The overwhelming majority of the time, it will work on the first flight, but the odd time it hasn’t.

Typically if I restart the sim, it will work next time.

I really think FS2020 would grow so much quicker & more robust if there was better error logging. The sim needs to tell us why things aren’t going to plan.
One great thing about X-plane is that it had a ‘Log’, which often gave the user a very good idea why something didn’t work or why they had a CTD.

2 Likes

Same for me today. For some reason no live weather. It’s really weird. Yesterday it worked fine.

And also the ATIS is reporting completely different weather from what is displayed.

And that’s how randomly this bug appears. No one’s been able to come up with any definitive cause for it. It just happens out of nowhere for what seems to be no reason at all.

Yes looks like it unfortunately

Sim Update 3 Fix Bug Weather Live 1 Flight To 2 Flight

I’ve started the sim like 3 times today. During the flight planning it always shows that there is weather (clouds, wind, etc.). When I load into the flight it is als way clear blue sky with 29.92 inches pressure but the wind is for some reason there. Super frustrating. Any ideas on how to fix this?

no fix so far, just a workaround

If we knew how to fix it, this thread wouldn’t exist. There’s a workaround for it though. It’s not perfect and has its issues, but it works.

2 Likes

And be sure to vote on this thread if you haven’t already. We need to show Asobo that this is a genuine and growing problem so that they stop ignoring it.

Thanks. I’ll give that a try

Thank you for that link. I’ll try that.

Done :+1:

Thanks

1 Like

ok - soooooooo, after the xbox live outage my live weather is working after 5 flights in a row. No more “first flight only” issue. Anyone else? I’m scared to exit MSFS!

If you read up the thread a bit, you’ll see I’ve experienced it briefly coming back. For a day or two, it works like it’s supposed to.

And then just as suddenly, it stops working again and can stay like that for days to weeks. Then it comes back mysteriously for a couple of days (no changes done on my end), and then breaks again…

Hopefully it works for you permanently. Or maybe they fixed something server side that causes the issue. But I wouldn’t get too excited about it just yet.

Yeah I remember you having a time where it worked. So maybe there’s a connection to our profile or a server issue of some kind. Hoping this is a data point Asobo can evaluate. I’ve personally never had live weather work right, so this is a first for me.

I’m convinced it’s server related. That’s the only variable here. There’s no other reason that it should work fine, then just stop. Then start again. All that with no changes made to the client side at all.

Whether it’s a loss of connection or a bug in the sim causing subsequent data from the server to be read incorrectly, I don’t know. And there’s no way for us to test that unfortunately. At least not that I know of.

I’m done for the night and already in bed, but tomorrow, I’m going to try running MSFS using a VPN. I want to see if connecting from what what appears to be a different location has any effect on the weather working or not. I’m really starting to suspect it may be something related to regional servers in the Azure CDN.

On a side note, I’m also going to try a VPN next time the sim is updated to see if that fixes the painfully slow download. But that’s another issue altogether…

2 Likes