Video demonstrating the Live Weather only on 1st flight bug

You just got lucky and it started working randomly. They didn’t fix anything.

Same happened to me. This morning, it wasn’t working. I did 4 flights this afternoon. Weather worked or all without reboot.

Went and made dinner and ate. Came back, did a flight. Went to start a second, weather not working again.

So in conclusion this bug is a “roll on the dice”. How do you fix something that happens randomly?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty brutal. Those that don’t have it can’t reproduce it. Those that do mostly don’t, but randomly have it occasionally.

So I started a flight from Istanbul today, and I thought I was getting the Live weather bug. It was clear everywhere. But since I’m already committed to start the flight, I went ahead anyway. for the first hour I didn’t see a shred of cloud everywhere I look from high up at 38,000 ft. So I thought, eh, I’m definitely flying with the live weather bug.

But after 1 hour, I can see cloud forming from the distance, and eventually as I got closer and fly through, I see clouds everywhere. Turns out it looks like I didn’t get the bug after all.

Looks like Turkey has some pretty clear skies. The altimeter setting is a better indication, as well as the OAT. It’s very likely to have clear skies and no wind, but to also get exactly 29.92 and 20 degrees C… very unlikely.

The best way i found of checking if you’ll get weather or not is on the map, before starting the flight. Click on the airport then see if it tells you the wind in the top left. If it doesn’t give you numbers, you probably won’t have weather.

1 Like

Ohh… I thought the bug that everyone was talking about is that you can see all the wind speed and flight conditions in the world map as the Live weather, but as soon as you start the flight, everything becomes clear and no wind and standard altimeter.

1 Like

It may very well be. All i know is that in my case, if i see the weather in the map, i get weather. If i don’t see it, i get clear skies and no weather.

1 Like

Clouds aren’t the only indicator, as it could genuinely be without cloud. But check your barometric pressure. It’s a good bet that if it reads 29.92, or ATC are telling you that, then you have hit the bug.

Has anyone experienced the issue recovering i.e. starting a flight with the bug, then as the flight progresses live weather is introduced?

Since yesterday I got also the live weather bug… I can go anywhere in the world and I get 225/5 wind temp 20° and QNH 29.92 :frowning:

EDIT.
Great, that solution worked for me

So it seems after 1.14.6.0, that weather seems to work on a more regular basis, but still varies from session to session. I did one flight this morning. Before logging out, I tried setting up a second flight. No weather.

Upon my return to the computer, did another flight. Tried a second, no weather. Restarted. Then I did 3 consecutive flights with weather. Went to have lunch. Came back, same. Weather on first flight only. Restarted, and now on my 3rd flight without having to restart the sim.

Seeing as how they fixed server connection issues with this patch, this makes me believe even more strongly that this whole bug is because of issues on THEIR end with server communications.

It comes with some issues as well. Your arrivals and departures will always be based on the 225/3 winds from when you load in, and not based on actual winds in the sim while you’re flying. So you could potentially have to land or take off in strong tail / cross winds when there’s a perfectly suitable runway available. And AI traffic will likely be using it.

1 Like

No, for me it worked well. I logged in with Clear Sky Preset then change to Live Weather while in game and check the Atis and it said wind 143/14 QNH 30.45.
Then I flyed from Geneva to Belfast and arriving in Belfast the weather was really bad like 35Kts of wind and the QNH changed also, it was like 29.65. And I got clearance with Head wind.

Even when Live Weather isn’t working correctly, the barometric pressure is essentially accurate.

When live weather is wrong, barometric pressure and temp are typically accurate.

When weather is not working (producing default, clear weather), it’s all wrong.

Did 2 brief flights. Had to restart after first to get weather working.

Went away to make dinner. After, started another session, live weather was working fine for 3 flights. It wasn’t working for the 4th.

I’m seeing it working far more often now since 1.14.6.0. I can’t wait for this to be fully sorted out.

Agree. This is my experience too. Maybe 25% of the time I get the bug, the rest live weather works fine.

Something is changing.

1 Like

It feels more like a 50-50 thing for me on a per session basis. I may fly 4-5 flights in 1 session with it working fine. On next restart of the sim, it doesn’t work. On next, it does, etc… So it feels like 75% of the flights work. But I look at it more from the perspective of 1 session / start of the sim vs how many flights in a session are working.

1 Like

Has this issue been fixed already?

Nope. Still waiting.

1 Like

Issue still exist.

1 Like

Yep,can confirm as well. Live weather stopped working after first flight yesterday