Video demonstrating the Live Weather only on 1st flight bug

I think that’s what they would like to believe. Whatever the cause, it’s not prevalent. It’s not something the users are doing, for the most part. I would suggest the best way to test this is not use the live weather preset at all. Just use “Live Players”. There can’t be any user error if you are pressing a single button. It enforces live weather, and time, and you only see other players in that mode.

If it goes wrong then, that’s difficult for Asobo to argue against.

1 Like

If you saw my video i am using Live Players in my example of the problem. You can see this when i show my options and in the fact that the time slider bottom left of the world map is grey’d out (this only happens when live players is selected). :slight_smile:

You don’t need to restart if you follow the workaround. Restarting the sim takes ages, using the workaround it’s just clicking a drop down menu.

1 Like

If you are using live players then you are not allowed to change any weather or time variables, you all have to have the same, which is how it should be.
But not everyone wants to play with live players on especially if it impacts their performance on lower spec PC’s.
Until they fix the live weather issue just use the workaround.

I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that a team of developers can’t “recreate” an issue that seems to affect almost all users of their sim. That is alarming.

3 Likes

I know about the work around the point of my video was to show the live weather bug. You said for the purpose of showing the issue you should use live players as that forces live weather on; i replied that i was using live players in my video showing the problem. Asobo stated they cannot replicate the issue and asked for videos to be made so i made a video not using the work around to show the problem. Im using live weather and live players and i showed how after the first flight the weather is broken all over the globe.

1 Like

Edited my original post to include specs at mods request :slight_smile:

Even I can’t replicate the issue in these videos. But then again, I’m always connected to the South East Asia server. If this is what’s causing the discrepancies, then maybe Asobo’s connected to a different server than the rest of us that doesn’t exhibit the Live Weather bug. Perhaps, the majority of the players experiencing happen to be connected to the same server that does have the bug.

I’m the minority of SEA players connected to the SEA servers. And that’s probably why I’m not getting the bug. I’ve had flight sessions both using Live Players, Live Mode, or Live Weather Preset, or Custom Live Weather. In and out of the flight session in the same airport, or different airport all without exiting the sim. And the Live weather always loads for me.

I’m not saying it’s not happening. Clearly it is happening based on these videos and the majority of players seem to be happening the same way. But given the fact that even I can’t replicate the issue, means that the issue is not affecting everyone, but only a majority of people. People who seem to have something in common that’s different from Asobo or myself. So I can understand if Asobo can’t replicate it. So the bigger question here is, how to make Asobo replicate the issue. What’s so common from everyone who’s experiencing the issue, and what makes it different between them and Asobo’s and me.

I very much doubt it can be linked specifically to some button users are, or are not pressing. If they can’t replicate it all the time, then it’s more esoteric than that. I tend to fly on the North Europe server, and never use Automatic. I have very rarely seen this issue, but I have seen it. I know I’m not pressing something that would stop live weather from working by choice.

Not sure if this post was aimed at me? I’ve never complained about Asobo not being able to replicate it only that the video is to help show them it exists as i know that they cannot replicate it. I have no doubt most people are playing with 0 issues i just know a lot of people DO have the issue, my video isn’t a hate-on-asobo video its just showing them the steps i go through to have the issue 100% of the time, i made it at the devs request.

It might be a server think, i have tried forcing myself onto the different EU servers but it makes no different to my problem.

Not sure if my wording of “all over the globe” made you think i was saying everyone in the world was having it, but i meant the WEATHER around the globe was broken in game not people all around the globe are having the weather bug.

Lol, I made a mistake in my reply… That wasn’t directed to you… that was suppose to be directed to @thedonof404. My bad.

1 Like

I never had the bug for the first few months it came about either after an update to the sim or when I changed from 16GB of 3200MHz DDR4 Ram to 32GB of 3600MHz ram. Unfortunately they both occured at about the same time so I don’t know if either of those changes are relevant to the problem.
I can’t go back to the 16GB of ram I had to eliminate that, as I sold it.

Yea but you don’t work for Asobo or Microsoft. This is what they do. Get on a plane Asobo (post pandemic) and fly around the world to visit with users who have the issue. Or stop saying you (Asobo)can’t replicate it. It’s been a problem since launch and to be here in February and to hear Seb saying he can’t replicate it is insulting and alarming.

Don’t get me wrong. I still love the sim. I deal with the weather issue by closing out and reopening the sim. But it is really starting to bug me when Seb keeps saying he can’t replicate it. Then hire better employees/coders/troubleshooters at Asobo. But stop saying you can’t replicate it. It makes you look bad, Seb.

1 Like

I can confirm a weather bug at my end, sadly i didnt have time to record it. I was spawning in and the sim was displaying wind and rain/snow. The real weather was scattered and calm wind. Quitted to main meny and suddenly the weather changed in the meny. Spawned in again and the weather was pretty much accurate.

1 Like

The sim makes between 4 and 7 discrete TCP/IP connections when it loads, and the server that provides Live Weather is not the same server that provides the streaming scenery, which is the only one that users can specifically select. The Live Weather server may well be physically located on the same geographic region as the scenery server, but they are different addresses, in different base networks.

1 Like

It’s not that simple. For most people, weather works fine. Those folks can switch weather settings at will and live weather will always work flight after flight. They don’t see what we see. My son also has MSFS. I’ve tried and tried to reproduce this issue on his computer and haven’t been able to no matter what I do. Weather always works fine.

If you’re experiencing the bug, something happened that triggered it. From that point forward, you’re affected and there’s no known solution to fixing it permanently.

The issue is no one has been able to pinpoint what triggers it in the first place.

Once you have the bug, it affects you under live players as well. Live weather first flight, clear default weather subsequent flights.

1 Like

In light of the working workaround, it seems to be a UI programming issue more than a server issue.

Im deffo no coder but in my armchair opinion - its an issue with reconnecting to the server once you finish a sim and go back to the world map. I imagine when the game loads for the first time that includes an update of current live weather; id also imagine once you quit a flight its supposed to do it again, fails to connect and just defaults to clear skies in the absence of new weather data.

Purely speculation though.

2 Likes

That’s good in that case. Simplifying how you replicate is ideal. So if it breaks with that single button, hopefully Asobo can cease alluding that it might be user error, as they remarked when they pointed out the Live button is just live weather.

I feel that kind of response is a worrying trend that we see in the Q&A.