Video demonstrating the Live Weather only on 1st flight bug

I´ve been suffering the same annoying issue since the last days. But, I think I have found a really easy workaround for the live weather problem on the second flight. Right after checking that pressing the live weather button doesn’t work, go back to the world map and select a different airport randomly. Then click again on the airport you want to exit from and the live weather will load again correctly. Let me know if I´ve benn lucky or not.

Nice video demonstration

How to you get that circle around where you click on the world map? Mine doesn’t do that?

That circle appears when you turn off unlimited fuel in your assists. This is to show the max range of the aircraft at that given fuel load.

@Jummivana, here next video incoming. I made it just now for the thread:

And for all people suffering from that, there is a workaround. In the world map always select preset clear sky. After spawning in the airplane, only then switch to live weather with the weather selection in the top bar. Works all the time.

Here is a thread of people voting:

Asobo now it’s your turn :wink:

Specs:
Lenovo Legion Laptop 5i 17"
CPU: Intel i7-10750H @ 2.60Ghz
GFX: NVidia RTX 2060
RAM: 16GB
HDD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
Broadband: 100 Mbit Vodafone Cable

Peripheral’s:

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick
Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle
Logitech G600 Mouse

Options:
General - Traffic - Aircraft traffic type - Off

4 Likes

Are you not aware of the workaround for this issue? It was on the first page of threads for weeks after that update messed up weather. If you set the weather to Clear Skies, then load into the airport, open up the Weather tab and set it to Live Weather, it loads it in immediately, and works on subsequent flights.

Of course, that doesn’t change the fact that Adobo needs to be aware of the bug and prioritize fixing it.

1 Like

Does anyone think it has something to do with the server being connected to? I never had this live weather issue before. But I’m always connected to the South East Asia server.

1 Like

Does anyone know if there’s a difference clicking on “Preset”, then “Live Weather”, compared with clicking directly on “Live” under Weather and Time? The latter sets the time to the current time, but is that the only difference?

It just sets the live time. It was mentioned in the Devs Q & A and they agreed it was a confusing UI item.

But if you want to avoid any live weather Issues you need to make sure you have Preset weather set to clear skies in the world map screen, never click on any of the live options from the world map screen again until they fix the Issue.

Then select Live weather from in the cockpit via the drop down toolbar (you can also choose live time from there as well if you wish)

One thing that was stopping this workaround working for some people was trying it after they had already made any flights in the current session of MSFS with live weather selected from the world map.
If you have started any flights at all with live weather set from the world map screen you need to shut down and restart MSFS first, otherwise this workaround will not work.
After that set Preset to Clear skies from the world map screen and leave it there.

2 Likes

Here’s my video:

I have this problem consistently since one of the last updates. Before that it never happened to me.
In the video, I tried several things to see if I could get it working again, such as switching servers, disabling/enabling online functionality, changing planes. It also doesn’t depend on the start location.

I do have my server set to either Europe W or Europe N.

Edit: System specs:

CPU: AMD R5-3600
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Super
RAM: 32 GB RAM
Internet: 60MB down/30MB up

Peripherals:
T-Flight HOTAS X
XBOX controller
Rift S

Mods:
FBW 32NX

Have you tried the workaround as suggested?

I thought what they were talking about in the Q&A was setting Live on the in-flight menu (rather than in the world view, which I was reffering to).

I just tried (in sequence without restarting sim):

Flight 1 - setting on Live in Weather&Time in world menu
Flight 2 - again setting on Live in Weather&Time in world menu
Flight 3 - setting on Preset::Live Weather in Weather&Time in world menu
Flight 4 - again setting on Preset::Live Weather in Weather&Time in world menu

On my system anyway, all of these gave the identical heavy cloud cover.

So it does seem to be system dependent.

Processor Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2687W 0 @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz
GPU: GTX 1050TI
RAM: 64GB
Windows 10Pro

If you mean the clear weather workaround, yes I was already using that and that works perfectly 100% of the time.

If you mean the Automatic server selection workaround, I wasn’t aware of that when I recorded the video (couple days ago). I just tried it, and it seems to work too.

Well if you aren’t seeing the bug with live weather not working on subsequent flights then you can select live weather from wherever works for you.
But for those that get the bug you need to do as I said above.

The fact that the live weather does not get injected into subsequent flights if you select it via the world map, but does work if you select it via the toolbar should at least give them a starting point to see what is different in injecting the weather from each option.

1 Like

I must admit I haven’t seen the automatic server workaround you mentioned but I have always had it on automatic anyway and the live weather only works for me if I use the preset set to clear skies workaround.

I reproduced exactly the same bug.

• System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
  • System Model: MS-7B17
  • BIOS: 1.B0 (type: UEFI)
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
  • Memory: 32768MB RAM
  • Available OS Memory: 32706MB RAM
  • Page File: 15869MB used, 21955MB available
  • Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
  • DirectX Version: DirectX 12
  • DX Setup Parameters: Not found
  • User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
  • System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
  • DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
  • Miracast: Available, no HDCP
  • Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
  • DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
  • DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

Display Devices:

• Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
  • Manufacturer: NVIDIA
  • Chip type: GeForce RTX 2080
  • DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
  • Device Type: Full Device (POST)
  • Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1E82&SUBSYS_12B010DE&REV_A1
  • Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
  • Device Problem Code: No Problem
  • Driver Problem Code: Unknown
  • Display Memory: 24362 MB
  • Dedicated Memory: 8010 MB
  • Shared Memory: 16352 MB
  • Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (59Hz)
  • HDR Support: Supported
  • Display Topology: Internal
  • Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
  • Color Primaries: Red(0.684570,0.309570), Green(0.259766,0.684570), Blue(0.150391,0.059570), White Point(0.313477,0.329102)
  • Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.091700, Max Luminance = 308.459686, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 259.376709
  • Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
  • Monitor Model: BenQ EW3270U
  • Monitor Id: BNQ7950
  • Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (59.997Hz)
  • Output Type: Displayport External
  • Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported )
  • Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
  • Advanced Color: AdvancedColorSupported
2 Likes

I’m not quite sure why Asobo are asking for videos, it’s a very easy reproducible bug so I’m a bit bemused as to why they can’t see it:

1. Start the Sim and select Live Weather
  2. Go Fly somewhere
  3. Return to Main Menu
  4. Go Fly in exactly the same place and voila…Different/non-live weather.

After claiming they couldn’t reproduce ‘Lightning In Clear Skies’ and now this blatantly obvious bug I’m beginning to wonder whether it’s a Server related issue, i.e. it depends on which server you’re connected too perhaps.

2 Likes

Very cool. Thanks

It happens to me regardless of server. The only thing I’ve found so far that enables me to see live weather on subsequent flight is to use the workaround I suggested.

I just restart the Sim, annoying to do Yes but it’ll do until a proper fix comes a long.