Vienna is one of THE most beautiful cities in the Real World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfThlfUHSis

But not in this Simulation Game :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I agree 100%…Major POI´s missing in Vienna City…

Have reported this to ZENDESK weeks ago, but no reaction till now :frowning:

1 Like

agree. it’s not satisfying to fly over my hometown. many spots are missing.

Probably hundreds of most beautiful cities around the world are affected by this.
As it is a flight sim, it’s not a priority. Never has been in any predecessor.

6 Likes

Well, too bad the simming part is obviously no priority either. So what is it actually about …

5 Likes

Tell me how the simming part isn’t a priority ? Every pilot i know absolutely love it so far and find it realistic. Some armchair pilots might disagree though.

1 Like

“Simulation Game” – your creation of a new genre sums up the many clashes and conflicts here in this forum quite nicely, actually…! :smiley:

That’s exactly what the “casual flyers” (who are presumably the majority and have every right to be here) don’t like in these forums, since for them it doesn’t matter that the “live weather” is a complete mess at the moment. In some European regions it works to a certain degree, in many other places it’s completely inop.

No way we can use the “sim” in its current state on VATSIM or some place else, and the highly advertised “live weather” system is a core funcionality of the “sim” that’s broken for sure.

They did a nice job but i guess Google could have gave us something even better.

Sorry, I have an entirely different opinion than you. It doesn’t begin to feel realistic until the live weather is fixed and a couple of decent 3rd party planes are available.

In their partner series they visited Daher and talked about “tweaking the planes beyond the POH with taking the input of real-world pilots into consideration”. The TBM climbs at 200 kts with 2,600 fpm up to FL300–doesn’t seem to be realistic at all, does it?!

1 Like

I feel you guys, I’m from Vienna as well and I’m a bit jealous by all those photogrammetry citys. At least gaja is making the airport.

Anyways any 3d modelers to help me model some landmarks of vienna ? I already learned a lot of the SDK and I’m pretty confident using it at this point. But I’m not a 3d modeler. If anyone is interested pls contact me so we can work on something together.

2 Likes

I guess the trend now is getting the 3D models from Google earth and put them in MSFS. It doesn´t look really difficult and you don´t need modelers for that. People is starting to place monuments like stonhenge and cathedrals into the sim. There are several tutorials on youtube.

1 Like

I think there are limits to what Asobo can achieve. Some stuff will have to be fixed by freeware or payware.

1 Like

I’m so happy that it is working like in the table you’re showing, Peter! The “tweaking by RL pilots” I was referring to must then have contributed to the fact me getting this rate of climb at 200 kts. :smiley:

I agree it’s off, but it’s in the same ballpark :slight_smile:

It needs some tweaking for sure.

And Saint-Petersburg to. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This thread can be summed as “My home town in inaccurate”. The problem with familiarity is that every little difference jumps out at you.

I’ve never visited San Francisco, for example, but I have seen it on TV, and movies. Consequently, SF looks amazing in the sim. I won’t know that such, and such a building isn’t represented, or that street corner looks wrong.

1 Like

Any Links for that ?

1 Like

Here it´s explained how to get 3D models from Google earth to Blender

and here how to put these models in MSFS

there is a whole subreddit dedicated to it called FS2020creation.

hope that helps! I´d love to see some of the monuments of Vienna as the country is one of my favourites of flying.
By the way,m someone already made the St Stephen´s Cathedral

cheers

Carlos

great work by Troglodytus!

check it out :yum:

1 Like