Virpil CM2 Throttle

You should post some pics of all your rigs.

I love my Virpil sticks and throttles.

1 Like

Curious, why are the separate? Could all your devices be used in either sim?

And “mark me curious” as the “videos” I have seen on clips of scenes of DCS don’t in and of themselves have much difference that I can see between what I have now. I do have rudder pedals on order which will make my cockpit (ok, chair, stick on right, throttle on left, NEO G9 49 Inch Monitor, and mouse table on right side chair), assume, hardware is hardware. So, correct me if wrong.

1 Like

MSFS: I use two TV’s, one for flying and the other for flight planning and other programs. Flying in DCS you don’t need a second monitor but a head tracker or VR is required. The two software platforms are enough different that it would be a pain to try and get everything setup in the same “space” and maintain it. I have seen some YouTubers do that and it is just so complicated to support. In my opinion. Using the two setups will allow me to stream-line each setup separately.

I have watched several videos on the F/A-18C and since “everything” in DCS has been simulated for the aircraft it goes in very deeply. I can see how it will take several months of learning just to fly proficiently let alone do any fighting. Plus, the amount of keybindings in that game is daunting.

MSFS doesn’t have to go that deep into its simulation. But, in DCS my head was spinning after watching some of the tutorials. You think there are acronyms here
 Laugh!

Oh yeah
 DCS has guns. :slight_smile:

So to summarize: I like keeping systems simple, so for me it is just easier to support and configure with separates. Your milage may vary.

Thank you for explaining it. If in MSFS you buy fighters out of the marketplace, those are configured for weapons, MSFS prevents version on it with weapons. I never use marketplace period. Many reports of bad downloads, and planes which do not work.

I saw enough war in the USN, and do not need to be apart of it, but I do love flying the F-14B and D models, both of which are going to be in MSFS. X-Plane 12 has the D model in it, and it’s fly’s very well. You can have weapons in it out of the gate, it also has carriers to land on if you choose. I have not done that yet.

Happy Flying

1 Like

I agree with you on the “war” aspect of DCS. I too am retired USN with two brothers retired from the USN as well.

But, seeing that DCS is a simulator, like MSFS, I can tolerate the guns aspect of DCS. The planning of missions, enacting those missions with other online “active” players and the dog fighting is what has me hooked. I had more fun playing Halo, back in the day, online with other players. That is the experience I want to cultivate again.

Thanks, Mate and happy flying to you too!

Mark please tell family thank you for their service and yours as well. I have thousands of dollars into this “hobby”. I do not know how much DCS costs to get started, and what changes would have to make to play it. I am now older than dirt, so reflexes are not like I was when young, I would get creamed inflight with the younger guys. Although know many online folks who play it and some are close in age to me. I still having trouble learning this one and it’s “gotchas”.

Thank you. MS71

1 Like