Virtualcol Embraer 190/195 Series

I am starting a new thread for the Virtualcol Embraer 190/195 aircraft. The OP of the original thread wanted out, so I’ll repost. I do not own this aircraft, so I cannot comment on it.

Original post:

I started a new topic for the Virtualcol Embraer 190/195 Series as its supposed to be a different model, engines etc. that differs from the 170/175 series. Wikipedia lists a few variations in the aircraft development. However I see no recent reviews/feedback on this forum or on YouTube for the Microsoft flight simulator 190/195 version.

If it flies like the 170/175 does, it’s a very hard pass. Can’t even control the speed om the Xbox, any ideas?

1 Like

Not if it’s like the 170/175. That one is enough for me in terms of VirtualCol’s ability to do anything worth a try.

6 Likes

That switch selector,Is that different from the 170/175?

My big thing with this jet (170) is this… it relies HEAVILY on AP. Like the real one does. But the way AP is done is just… HORRIBLE, cause that’s not how ANY of it works in the real bird. NO AP works the way they have it done.

3 Likes

What does the cockpit look like? Are there any screenshots or videos abailable?

It’s pretty gnarly, at least on the 170/175. Initial release thread has my screenshots of it. It’s rough.

Thx for checking. I’m going to try to figure it out on the 170 first, to see if I’m able to set the speed at least.

I’m tempting for the 190/195 because we have so little airliners on Xbox…

1 Like

This one is from the Discord.

2 Likes

Looks like fsx. But not surprising

4 Likes

190/195 is the same as 170/175 but bettered and with many fixes. EGLL-LIML worked very well for me.

The cockpit textures & modeling looks/feels like last-gen. Not PBR, looks to be a hasty FSX convert in that department. They didn’t even bake the Ambient Occlusion (which is very easy it’s todays software) into the Comp texture, just took the albd and put it into the Red channel.

2 Likes

We really need FeelThere to introduce their version of the E-jets to MSFS. I really hope they do because their version on P3D was outstanding.

Yup same with the Embraer ERJ 135LR & 145XR, they stepped it up even in FSX.
I’m puzzle why they reverted back to the horrible textures for MSFS?

Why not just use the darker sharper cockpit textures from the FSX 135/145 in MSFS???
To me that’s the ultimate sign of laziness and just not caring.
How are you gonna release a crappier product on the new sim?
I started getting bad vibes from Feelthere when they absolutely refused to fix the hidden TOGA button you had to search for on the front console of the 135/145.
Just poor work ethic…
Meanwhile the Wilco Tecnam P2006t was solid and awesome.

Yeah, FeelThere didn’t support the E-jets very well after they were released. They were still the best we had for flying around a 175 if you got tired of the CRJ.

1 Like

Ok, yesterday i did a few flights with the “older” 170 and 175’s. In general, i’m happy with it so im considering buing the 190/195. One thing i can’t figure out. Again, how do i set the speed manually with the Xbox controller. I just can’t figure that out. It’s nog a very, very big deal because when AP engaged it corrects the speed itself but there must be a way to manually set the speed, right?

Anyone om Xbox using the controller figured this one out yet?

1 Like

This video was sent to me by the developer. You have to set things up in the MCU. It’s crucial. Call me crazy but after watching the whole video I’m having a blast with all of the Embraer’s.

For Xbox users especially, because you also have a ton of liveries at your disposal.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, I might consider picking up the latest E190/195 if it’s working well on xbox. I’m more of a GA-plane person but do like to fly airliners occasionally and am not interested in “study level” but it has to work and be reasonably priced. The review someone posted on yt was pretty brutal though.

I actually enjoy the Bredok3d 737 Max because it works on xbox and comes with some useful liveries and it looks like the E190 comes with a ton of liveries. Not everyone wants an expensive “study level” airliner, especially since we’re not going to even get that option for a while on xbox.

1 Like

Just watch the video. Maybe twice. I can’t imagine that after you watched it someone can’t handle this plane. Off course, it’s not study level and it might have it’s flaws, but at this price point you can’t go wrong with it. Off course, pc users might have other standards I understand that.

2 Likes

Actually, I was surprised by this weeks Development Blog. The WASM fix for XBox is scheduled to be Sim Update 10, which is in June. Last they were talking, it was going to take a year for the WASM fix.

1 Like